About the role
We have an exciting new opportunity for a Practitioner with experience in disability, psychology or social work fields to join our Placement Prevention & Reunification program. The position is full time maximum term until 30 June 2020, based at our Narre Warren office.
The Complex Needs Specialist Practitioner will:
- Undertake therapeutic assessments of children & families using a range of theoretical approaches
- Develop action plans for children & their families where complex disability support needs are identified
- Develop parenting strategies that will support strengthening and stabilising of the family
- Support families to navigate the NDIS
- Advocate for families to engage in identified disability services
To be successful in your application you will have:
- A tertiary qualification in disability, social work, psychology or a related field
- Knowledge and experience in working directly with children and adolescents with highly complex behaviours due to disability
- Experience in working with the NDIS, assisting with applications and advocating for package options supporting families who have a child with a disability
- Demonstrated experience in undertaking case management supporting family preservation or reunification
About the organisation
At Uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
We are proud to have been part of local communities for over 100 years delivering services across Victoria and Tasmania. With a team of 7,000 skilled and committed individuals we provide over 770 programs and services to people of all ages to learn, thrive and enjoy a healthy, happy life. We’re there for children, families, people with disability, older people and those experiencing homelessness, mental illness or drug and alcohol addiction.
Uniting offers employees:
- A comprehensive range of professional development opportunities
- Reflective practice and supportive supervision
- Career options through a wide range of programs and locations
- Family friendly workplace practices
- More take home pay through charity level salary packaging up to $15,900 per annum via Paywise salary packaging
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Complex Needs Specialist Practitioner via Pro Bono Australia.