About the role
About the opportunity
The Victorian government announced a new model of kinship care for Victoria which commenced on 1 March 2018. The First Supports program is focused solely on children and young people in statutory kinship placements, being those with an active child protection intervention or protection order.
This highly satisfying role will see you:
- Identifying kinship networks early
- Strengthening reunification where appropriate
- Promoting placement quality and supporting children and young people living with kinship families to thrive; and
- Promoting placement stability, including reducing the likelihood of entry into residential care
We are looking for a proactive, responsible individual who will complete comprehensive assessments of new kinship care placements, meet immediate material and financial needs of placements through early provision of flexible brokerage; and build the capacity of kinship carers to understand and respond to the needs of the children and the young people in their care by providing family services support.
Ideally you will have knowledge and experience of:
- Working with vulnerable children and young people involved in Child Protection
- Engaging and establishing effective helping relationships and work with clients to bring about change
- Undertaking holistic, systemic assessments that identify needs and risks in families and individuals
- Networking and establishing sound working relationships with related services, especially other agencies and DHHS
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and report writing skills
About the organisation
At Uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Case Worker - Kinship First Supports via Pro Bono Australia.