About the role
Our casual staff work across our service, supporting children and young people by:
- working in our homelessness and residential services
- supervising contact visits
- transporting clients to appointments
- mentoring young people
- providing respite care
Our aim is to help you grow your career. We provide you with diverse experience across our services and enough work hours to meet your needs, along with training, professional supervision and the opportunity to develop skills for permanent positions in a growing Agency.
Work can be scheduled over a 24/7 roster, and ideally you will be available to work weekends, weekdays, public holidays and sleepovers.
These positions are child related, so you will need to have a Working with Children Check, be prepared to undertake a National Criminal Check and have relevant qualifications (Cert IV, Diploma or Degree). Experience is a bonus!
To apply, send us your resume plus a cover letter that answers these questions:
- why you want to work for Veritas House
- how does trauma effect children and young people
- what experience have you had setting boundaries and working with challenging behaviours
- do you have a WWCC, First Aid Certificate and Driver’s Licence (we provide the car)
Send your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com
For more information on our services, visit www.veritashouse.org.au
Applications will be assessed for interview as they are received, so apply early!
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people from a CALD background are warmly encouraged to apply.
About the organisation
Veritas House is a vibrant not for profit community-based organisation with a specific focus on supporting vulnerable children, young people and their families in the Bathurst and Orange areas.
How to apply for this role
Please quote in application: Casual Youth Workers via Pro Bono Australia.