About the role
Inner Melbourne Community Legal (IMCL) is widely recognised as being one of Victoria’s leading community legal centres. For over 40 years their dedicated team have been providing free legal assistance to the most vulnerable and disadvantaged members of the community.
IMCL are also a strong voice in the community legal sector, advocating for a fairer legal system. They work on behalf of individual clients, challenging unfair laws and educating the community about the law. This important work is underpinned by their strong partnerships and innovative services.
Benefits & Culture
- A credible, diverse and influential board of management
- The opportunity to define a new organisational culture
- Competitive salary and generous salary packaging
This is an important time to join Inner Melbourne Community Legal (IMCL) to lead the centre through its next phase. Working with the board you will drive the centre’s strategy, lead the improvement agenda, continue to deliver client outcomes and build a strong culture of innovation and organisational alignment.
In addition, the CEO will play a critical role as IMCL works towards merging with Flemington and Kensington CLC to better serve the combined catchment areas into the future.
You will also;
- Provide inspirational, consultative but confident leadership to the team
- Identify further opportunities to diversify funding for future sustainability
- Lead and manage IMCLs law reform and policy work
- Influence policy debates, negotiating and advocating for the interest of CLCs
- Network and represent IMCL to government, Victoria Legal Aid and other agencies
- Reporting on outcomes of activity against agreed targets and KPIs
This role would suit an accomplished CEO or senior manager from the community legal sector or similar client focused, advocacy organisation.
Specifically you will also have:
- Experience in overall responsibility for an organisation experiencing a high degree of change
- Success leading and promoting an inclusive, positive and results based culture
- Solid advocacy expertise which informs policy
- Expansive network and a detailed understanding of specific sources of funding
- A Legal Practising certificate or (eligibility to hold a legal practising certificate) or demonstrated knowledge of the legal assistance sector and law reform
If you are passionate about social justice and the legal rights of disadvantaged people in Melbourne then apply by submitting your resume and cover letter addressing the key skills required. For further information please contact Emma Naglieri on 03 8080 8977.
About the organisation
How to apply
Please quote in application: Chief Executive Officer via Pro Bono Australia.