About the role
As CEO you will provide motivation, leadership, direction, mentoring and feedback for all the team and create a space that fosters creativity, and empowers and develops the team to be the best they can be. You will work closely with the board and team to develop and implement plans that support the long-term achievement of One Girl’s mission; and create and nurture a culture that is line with One Girl’s values.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage overall team performance, capacity and professional development.
- Ensure that One Girl achieves its stated goals and objectives through the execution of the strategic plan and annual budget.
- Oversee financial activities, policies and practices.
- Provide leadership, operational support and strategic oversight to the International Programs Director and the wider programs team in Australia and in-country.
- Provide leadership, operational support and strategic oversight to the Fundraising Director and Communications Director, and their teams to grow income and supporter base.
You’re passionate about creating a world where all girls — no matter where they are born or how much money they have — enjoy the same rights and opportunities as boys. A world where every girl has the chance to be the best she can be. You think outside of the box and aren’t afraid to present ideas, solutions and new concepts that will help One Girl grow and enable more girls to access education.
Ideally, you will possess:
- Proven leadership and extensive management expertise
- Proven ability to function strategically within a dynamic organisational context
- Demonstrated experience in managing a small resource-constrained organisation
- Demonstrated experience in financial, human and physical resource (risk) management
- Experience in program management in a development setting (desirable)
This part-time position is based in Melbourne, at One Girl’s HQ office in Abbotsford and flexible working arrangements are available. We encourage people from diverse backgrounds to apply. One Girl is a child safe organisation and all successful applicants will be required to sign the Child and Young Person Safeguarding Code of Conduct.
We’re looking for an energetic, inspirational leader who shares a passion for creating change for girls and their communities through education. If you’re a values-led, people-focussed leader who is looking for an opportunity to lead a growing organisation and create more impact in the world, we would love to hear from you!
About the organisation
At One Girl, they believe that every girl on the planet has the right to an education. No matter where she is born, how much her family earns, what religion she adheres to or what her culture says; every girl deserves the opportunity to learn, grow, and be the best she can be. They are on a huge mission to change the world, one girl at a time. They know they can’t do it alone – and that’s why they need you!
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Chief Executive Officer via Pro Bono Australia.