About the role
As a leading Australian voice The Butterfly Foundation represents people living with eating disorders and negative body image and their family and friends. Left unaddressed, the medical, psychological, physical and social consequences can be long term and for many life threatening.
Butterfly advocates for improved services from both government and independent sources whilst raising public awareness in the media and via community debate. The Foundation operates the National Eating Disorders Helpline, a range of innovative clinical treatment and support programs across Australia, and delivers prevention initiatives in schools and the community.
The Foundation has recently committed to the development of Australia’s first residential treatment facility for eating disorders with its joint venture partner endED. The eating disorder sector has also welcomed major Medicare reform to improve access and affordability.
Benefits & Culture
- Diverse recognition framework
- Generous salary packaging provisions
- Opportunity to contribute to progressive outcomes
- Passionate and collaborative executive leadership team
- Flexible working conditions
You will lead the strategy and clinical governance of Butterfly’s treatment programs and support services to ensure clinical excellence and best practice. The portfolio includes the National Eating Disorders Helpline, outpatient treatment programs, Recovery Support Services, Eating Disorders Access Trial (Medicare Pilot) and Residential Care Program.
At an exciting time in the organisation’s history, this newly created role also provides an opportunity to influence and implement the clinical program model and framework for a unique Australian residential care facility, incorporating Butterfly’s treatment philosophy and holistic approach.
Reporting directly to the CEO, and as part of the senior leadership team, you will:
- lead the clinical services team to deliver high quality care and continuous improvement initiatives
- oversee the safety and quality of all clinical and support programs
- ensure all programs operate in accordance with relevant professional standards and codes of ethics
- stay abreast of changing models of care and provide key leadership support to the CEO
- be Butterfly’s public voice on matters of clinical importance in the eating disorders area
You are a senior mental health clinician with advanced clinical knowledge of eating disorders, disordered eating and body dysmorphia, as well as co-morbid mental health conditions. You have significant experience in the treatment of and service delivery to clients with complex mental health problems across a range of populations. You’re able to demonstrate:
- strong clinical supervision experience
- insight into the issues that are commonly present for people with eating disorders
- ability to establish rapport and gain the confidence and trust of patients and their carers
- commitment to clinical excellence and continuous service quality improvement outcomes
- proven experience in the development of clinical policy, procedures and governance
- excellent team leadership, communication and negotiation skills
If you’re an innovative and values based leader with the drive to ensure The Butterfly Foundation achieves its strategic direction, please click apply to submit your resume and cover letter responding to the skills required above. Alternatively, please call Louise Furlong on +61 2 8243 0570 to discuss.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Please quote in application: Clinical Director via Pro Bono Australia.