About the role
- Contribute to the overall leadership, planning and vision for the future of the school through active participation in the management team.
- Manage the development, review and update of annual management plans for the C&SD departments, and other departments as instructed by the Founding Director, that include: strategies, goals, resources, risk management, procedure manuals, implementation plans, action plans, communications plans, timelines/calendars, monitoring and evaluation activities and, continuous improvement practices.
- Devise implementation plans for regular and feature marketing campaigns such as appeals and special events.
- In collaboration with the Founding Director and Human Resources Manager, drive the international recruitment and succession strategy.
- Lead the implementation of key strategies relating to C&SD departments as stated in the St Jude’s 2019 – 2023 Strategic Plan.
- Lead management of the C&SD departments to ensure effective and timely execution of department management plans and operations.
- In consultation with the Founding Director, identify and lead strategic development initiatives to drive fundraising revenue, business performance and business process improvements.
- Attend and contribute to business strategy and management team meetings and action any relevant outcomes.
- Lead the consistent application of St Jude’s Branding Policy, Branding Guidelines, Editorial Policy, Writing Style Guide, Intellectual Property Policy and Fundraising Policy by business and academic teams, supporters, FSJ charities, third parties and payment platforms.
- Lead the creative development of communications materials, website content, advertisements, and other marketing-related projects.
- Develop and write communications materials and correspondence for C&SD departments and the Founding Director as required.
- Lead management of timely, responsive and personalised supporter (sponsors and donors) stewardship to drive supporter loyalty and cultivate supporter contributions and drive sponsorship retention and renewal.
- Lead management of the development and execution of effective marketing strategies that drive brand awareness, supporter loyalty and market growth to achieve financial goals.
- Lead management of St Jude’s website, digital and traditional channels to ensure timely and effective execution of marketing strategies.
- Lead the concept and creative development and implementation of feature marketing campaigns, promotional tours, fundraising and speaking events in Tanzania and internationally, and the production of associated collateral.
- Lead preparation and production of Annual Report and governance documents.
- Guide public relations activities to build awareness and support for St Jude’s by the Tanzanian Government, in-country media, and local community stakeholders.
- Lead the development and implementation of social impact assessment.
- In consultation with Finance Manager, prepare and manage annual C&SD budget.
- Oversee the supporter management database to ensure the comprehensive and effective management of supporter/donor/sponsor data to drive effective and accurate and timely communications with supporters/donors and sponsors.
- Maintain awareness of security procedures in regard to storing, recording and transferring data in accordance with St Jude’s privacy and child protection policies.
- Lead management of recruitment, training and development for C&SD departments, and others as directed by the Founding Director, including:
- Write and review job descriptions.
- Ensure positions are filled with motivated and capable employees.
- Identify training needs and develop employees’ skills and abilities.
- Conduct employee performance appraisals.
- Facilitate problem solving and collaboration within/across C&SD departments.
- Conduct regular meetings with Founding Director and Heads of Department.
Monitoring and Review
- Develop and maintain an annual reporting schedule for the review of financial outcomes, supporter stewardship strategies and procedures.
- Lead social impact assessment measurement, evaluation and reporting.
- Monitor annual budget and review monthly financial reports to ensure accurate cost coding and budget compliance.
Monitor, review and update fundraising department management plans, including processes and procedures, at least annually in October.
- Support the values, vision, mission and strategic goals of The School of St Jude.
- Periodically suggest improvements to the departments’ procedures and submit to supervisor for approval.
- Participate in House Checks as requested by Community Relations team.
- Participate and support fellow staff in school mission related activities such as all School Celebration Days throughout the year.
- Participate in student selection process, in particular working after hours on rest days and public holidays up to 20 Saturdays per annum.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Founder. or Deputy Director.
About the organisation
The School of St Jude is an education institution, entirely funded by charitable donations, that provides free, high-quality primary and secondary scholarships to 1,800 of the poorest and brightest students in the Tanzanian region of Arusha and supports hundreds of graduates through higher education.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Communications & Strategic Development Manager (Arusha, Tanzania) via Pro Bono Australia.