About the role
About the Position
Anglicare SQ supports all kinds of people who may be impacted by mental health and wellbeing challenges from new parents, children transitioning through school, people planning retirement and everything in between. We are here to provide the support needed at home or out in the community, for people to live the life they want.
Our North Brisbane team are currently looking for a passionate and proactive Coordinator to join the team – providing operational guidance and support to a small, multidisciplinary team of ten, and day to day management of contractual outputs. There is also a percentage of “hands-on” client contact and community engagement. The role can be based from either Gympie or Maryborough.
This full time position is ideal for a Counsellor who offers a successful background in family, relationship and parenting support and several years’ experience in a leadership role. The Coordinator will work across a number of sites including Maryborough, Gympie and Bundaberg so a significant amount of travel is required.
With a collaborative and consultative approach, our successful candidate will be happy to roll up their sleeves and hit the ground running. Skills and capabilities will include:
- A background in case management within family support, parenting or relationship counselling and a passion for creating successful results for clients
- Experience in a range of service deliveries and programs including domestic violence, drug diversion and emergency relief would be beneficial
- Strong change management skills, with an understanding of individual and team impacts, and able to provide a positive focus on the future
- Being organised with good time management skills, as you will need to balance your own clinical workload while effectively maintaining management and administrative duties
- Previous experience working within reflective and supervision frameworks and the capacity to promote and embed these within your team
- Networking and community engagement skills; able to promote programs and services at various events
- An adaptable, flexible nature, with the capacity to juggle changing priorities on any given day
- Ability to guide and mentor a well-established and high-functioning team – your management style will be a “hands-off, open-door” policy
- Confident to both up-manage and support a busy, hard-working team to ensure both service and organisational success
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, with the capability to relate to a wide range of staff, clients and families
- A commitment to travel to multiple sites within the region, establishing consistent processes and developing a “one team” dynamic
Although attitude and abilities are the priority for this role, you will also be required to hold:
- A degree in Social Work, Psychology, Social Sciences, Early Childhood or similar field
- A current Blue Card (Working with Children)
- Queensland Driver Licence and your own, reliable vehicle
- Post-graduate qualifications in Family Support or Mental Health would be advantageous
What We Offer
Anglicare is committed to building a highly skilled workforce, assisted by a dedicated management team. We support our staff with learning and development initiatives, an employee benefits program and progressive human resources management strategies, and are recognised as a leading employer in the non-profit sector. You will also enjoy:
- A highly supportive, collaborative leadership team with significant opportunities for personal and professional development
- Working with a self-sufficient, well-established team of professionals who are passionate and care about making a difference
- Flexible working hours working at a number of locations throughout the region
- Extensive development of your skills and capabilities in a busy, rewarding role
- A chance to increase your take home pay with full PBI salary packaging options
What happens now?
Send us your current resume and a Cover Letter explaining your interest in being a Coordinator with Anglicare SQ. Shortlisting will take place soon after the closing date.
About the organisation
How to apply
Please quote in application: Coordinator - Service via Pro Bono Australia.