About the role
PURPOSE – Why does this position exist?
To ensure Djirra’s Corporate Services meet the strategic and operational needs of the organisation, and that Djirra
- complies with funding, accreditation,statutory and policy requirements
- has effective administration, HR, IT, building and fleet management systems and support, and
- has effectively implemented planning and internal reporting systems.
This role requires an experienced manager with exemplary organisational skills, who has a collaborative, inclusive approach, and who enjoys developing a supportive working environment. Proven ability to work, or learn to work, within an Aboriginal organisation in culturally appropriate ways is vital. If you have strong project-based experience and have implemented policies, procedures and processes across a complex organisation then we’re keen to hear from you.
An undergraduate qualification (degree course) in a relevant discipline, preferably in Business or
- Demonstrated ability to work or learn to work with Aboriginal organisations, communities and individuals
in culturally appropriate ways as well as mainstream organisations.
- Extensive experience in the development, implementation and review of policies, procedures, practicesand processes.
- Significant experience in project management, coordination and liaison.
- Experience in managing administration and IT functions
- Experience in managing database systems used organisation-wide.
- Sound knowledge of relevant legislation, regulations and governance principles and practices.
- Experience in a change management environment.
- Conveniently located a few hundred metres from the Eastern Freeway entrance and Victoria Park train station and nearby some great cafes and restaurants.
- Cultural Leave, paid Parental Leave, annual leave loading and additional days off over the Christmas & New Year period.
- Cultural awareness training and ongoing support provided by our dedicated full-time Cultural Advisor.
- Generous Salary packaging options available.
About the organisation
Djirra supports Aboriginal women’s journey to safety and wellbeing and provides legal and practical supports to Aboriginal people experiencing family violence across Victoria. Djirra is an Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisation with a rich history, and we are growing our services across Victoria.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Corporate Services Manager (full time, permanent) via Pro Bono Australia.