About the role
Exciting opportunity to work for one of Canberra’s largest community sector organisations to provide therapeutic counselling to children, adults and families with a focus on mental health,
relationships and work matters. We are looking for an enthusiastic part-time/full-time counsellor to join our team.
We are currently seeking a Relationships, NDIS and Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Clinician to join the Counselling team in a long term program that has been operating for over 50 years!
Working with families brings variety and challenges. You will be providing therapeutic counselling to individuals, couples, and families, on a range of issues including:
- Relationship issues
- Communication difficulties
- Parenting matters, including pre and post-separation
- Grief and loss
- Employment issues
With the integrated model utilised by CatholicCare Canberra & Goulburn, counsellors are able to work across different programs, thereby utilising their breadth of skills and providing diversity in their work.
If you would like to work with us to make a positive difference in people’s lives – we want to hear from you!!!
What we offer
Rewarding opportunities exist for enthusiastic people seeking meaningful careers; helping people in the wider community in a diverse range of program areas. CatholicCare’s employment
benefits include a generous salary packaging option, supervision and professional development in a family-friendly environment.
The ideal person we are looking for has:
- Relevant Tertiary qualifications in Psychology, Social Work or counselling
- Registration with APHRA or membership with AASW and/or relevant professional bodies
- Wide range of experience in family and relationship counselling particularly in relation to issues facing young people, families, couples and individuals
- Ability to respond appropriately to crisis situations and to clients presenting with complex issues
- Good verbal and written communication skills, and good time management skills
You will also be required to undergo a National Police Check.
To be considered for this role you will be also required to hold:
- a current drivers licence, and
- a Working with Vulnerable People Card
- a Working with Children Check
To apply you must:
- Attach an updated resume
- Address each area above in a covering letter (no more than
Applications that do not meet the above requirements will not be considered.
About the organisation
CatholicCare is a large welfare agency of the Catholic Archdiocese of Canberra and Goulburn. Our mission is to provide quality services to people by promoting healthy, inclusive communities through relationships, partnerships, and collaboration.
How to apply for this role
Please send your applications to: Jaclyn Dunkley
For more information or to apply please visit: www.catholiccare.cg.org.au
Closing Date: until positions are filled
Please note shortlisting and interviews will be ideally undertaken within two weeks of the closing date. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CatholicCare is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. Applications are strongly encouraged from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people; people with a disability; people who identify as LGBTIQ; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Please quote in application: Counsellor via Pro Bono Australia.