About the role
The Digital Communications Officer is responsible for overseeing the Centre’s outgoing and internal communications, the development and implementation of digital content, and assisting with online and offline campaigns.
The role will also involve assisting with training and events, social media and website content creation and management as well as working on creative and innovative strategies in the lead-up to state and federal elections.
We are looking for someone with visual and design capabilities, who loves social media and learning new skills. Our preferred qualifications are listed below, but we welcome applications from individuals with all levels of experience. This role is ideal for a candidate looking to excel their skills in the NFP sector and make an impact to the social services sector.
Reports to: Executive Manager, Strategic Projects
- Coordinate and facilitate the production, writing and/or editing of communications materials including flyers, promotional material, invitations and website content.
- Work on communications strategies for specific projects and the Centre.
- Liaise with members, stakeholders, government and internal staff to manage expectations.
- Assist in developing processes and procedures for Centre communications.
- Assist in running events, managing promotion and creation of promotional materials.
Social media and newsletters
- Create, edit and manage multimedia content for Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
- Build on existing social media strategies to expand content output and innovate on delivery.
- Manage e-newsletters and other Mailchimp output weekly.
- Expand on existing digital strategies and work with Communications team on new content ideas.
- Coordinate reports and analytics for all digital output.
- Create, edit and coordinate multimedia content for the Centre’s website.
- Assist project teams in uploading content and managing training/events calendar.
- Manage incoming member applications.
Key Selection Criteria
The successful applicant will have:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in communications, business, journalism, media or other related areas and/or proven experience.
- Experience working with NFPs or community organisations is a bonus.
- Previous experience running social media campaigns or digital campaigns.
- Experience running or assisting with events and forums.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- An eye for design and proficiency in creating visual content
- Experience using programs like WordPress, Mailchimp, Canva
- High level of proficiency creating content for and managing Facebook and Twitter
- Proficient creating digital content: text, images, video
- Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure
- Ability to forward plan, schedule and manage priorities
- Basic proficiency in design programs like Canva and/or InDesign or Photoshop
- Ability to manage expectations and work well with different teams and stakeholders, and ability to work well autonomously
- Strong administrative skills and the ability to create processes along the way
Conditional Employment Requirements
- Satisfactory police check
- Satisfactory Working with Children check
- Proof of the right to work in Australia
About the organisation
The Centre for Excellence in Child and Family Welfare (CFEFCW) is a not-for-profit peak body for child and family service organisations in Victoria. We advocate for children, young people and families and provide training, research and networking opportunities to the sector. We focus on the voices of young people in foster, kinship and residential care in Victoria, as well as working on larger Federal campaigns around equality.
The Centre is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace, and to the health, wellbeing and cultural safety of our staff. We encourage applicants of any background, culture, gender, and experience to apply – we don’t discriminate. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Digital Communications Officer via Pro Bono Australia.