About the role
The event is themed around Women’s Business, Men’s Business, Everyone’s Business, Our Cultural Way. For more information please refer to this media release: https://djirra.org.au/media-release/2340-2/
The Event Manager will take the lead role in organising, overseeing and coordinating this national event, working closely with an Event Committee, including:
- Budget management
- Event delivery, including engaging a suitable event management company to support operational delivery.
This role will be fixed term to November 2020 and is part time (3 days per week) and will require an experienced event manager with exceptional organisation and stakeholder management skills, who has a collaborative approach. Proven ability to work, or learn to work, within an Aboriginal organisation in culturally appropriate ways is vital.
- Flexible working days
- Conveniently located a few hundred metres from the Eastern Freeway entrance and Victoria Park train station and nearby some great cafes and restaurants.
- Cultural Leave, paid Parental Leave, annual leave loading and additional days off over the Christmas & New Year period.
- Cultural awareness training and ongoing support provided by our dedicated full-time Cultural Advisor.
- Generous Salary packaging options available.
- Part time 3 days/w, fixed term contract 12 months until November 2020
About the organisation
Djirra supports Aboriginal women’s journey to safety and wellbeing and provides legal and practical supports to Aboriginal people experiencing family violence across Victoria. Djirra is an Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisation with a rich history.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Event Manager via Pro Bono Australia.