About the role
Location: Canberra, ACT
Employment Status: Part-time (30 hours per week), on-going
• Great opportunity to make a difference in the wider community
• Competitive salary, full-time equivalent $84,360, plus Super
• Flexible work arrangements
People With Disabilities ACT (PWDACT) is seeking an experienced Executive Director to lead their small passionate team based in Canberra. This is a part-time, ongoing position.
Reporting to the Board, you’ll be responsible for providing vision, energy, and leadership in the fulfillment of PWDACT’s mission and vision. This position also incorporates the communications role of the organisation.
Your responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Working with the Board to determine strategic policy direction and implement the strategic plan for PWDACT to ensure the growth and stability of the organisation.
- Oversee fiscal responsibilities, including reporting, financial analysis, budgeting and auditing, in accordance with the Board, PWDACT’s policies and procedures and other applicable requirements.
- All aspects of office management and human resource management including, but not limited to staff recruitment, supervision, training, and performance management.
- Business development activities including grant writing, submissions, applications, compliance and reporting with emphasis on seeking new funding sources.
- Preparation and leading organisational campaigns, corporate sponsorship programs, donations and fundraising events.
- Establishing and strengthening partnerships with member organisations, community groups, government agencies and other disability organisations.
- Development and oversight of program and policy initiatives for PWDACT (eg. Participation Project).
- Development and implementation of innovative communication and marketing strategies and programs to raise community awareness and increase the reach of PWDACT’s campaigns, including use of the website, social media and multimedia.
- Manage the media and public relationship activities of the organisation including preparation and publication of journals, PWDACT’s newsletters and other external communications, manage the website and social media accounts, liaise with media and act as spokesperson for PWDACT and as an advocate for the rights and equality of people with a disability.
Please refer to the position description attached to this advertisement for further details of the position responsibilities and the selection criteria.
About the Benefits
This is a unique opportunity to lead a small community organisation, while enjoying the immense job satisfaction that arises from working in an area that benefits the wider community.
Your hard work and dedication will be rewarded with a competitive salary, full-time equivalent $84,360 PLUS super.
For further information about this position please contact the President, David Luck, ph. 0414 791 880.
PWDACT is an equal opportunity employer and candidates with a disability are strongly encouraged to apply.
About the organisation
People with Disabilities ACT Inc (PWDACT) is the peak advocacy organisation in the ACT for people with disabilities. PWDACT is located in Canberra and staffed by a small professional team. Our advocacy work includes regular consultation with our members to identify current issues and priorities, working with and lobbying the ACT government and its agencies as well as the business and the non-government sectors, and promoting access and equity for all Australians with disabilities.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Executive Director via Pro Bono Australia.