About the role
We’re looking for Clinical Psychologists, Registered Psychologists or accredited Mental Health Social Workers to deliver face to face psychological support at Gidget House Queanbeyan, located at Tresillian Family Care Centre. Our specialist perinatal (conception to one year postpartum) clinicians provide a wide range of individual, couple and parent-infant therapies to women and their partners. In addition to pre-conception counselling, we offer services to those experiencing, or at risk of developing, perinatal depressive, anxiety and trauma or stressor-related disorders. Support is also provided to women and their partners who have experienced a pregnancy or childbirth-related loss, e.g. stillbirth, miscarriage or termination.
The service is delivered through Medicare’s Better Access initiative and the remuneration for all clinicians is therefore the affiliated Medicare Rebate. The Foundation offers:
- Full-time or multiple part time contractor positions.
- Centralised appointment booking and management.
- Opportunity to specialise in perinatal mental health and early intervention.
- Supervision provided by Professor Bryanne Barnett AM.
- Demonstrated proficiency in comprehensive psychological assessment and evidence-based therapy relevant to expectant and new parents with perinatal mental health issues.
- AHPRA registration with endorsements in psychology.
- At least 5 years post-registration experience, with specific experience working with perinatal clients.
- Demonstrated ability to work within a recovery-oriented model, utilising a person/family centred approach.
- Demonstrated high level communication, interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently under approved professional supervision.
- Effective caseload management.
About the organisation
Gidget Foundation Australia is a not-for-profit organisation that supports the emotional wellbeing of expectant and new parents.
“Gidget” was the nickname of a vibrant young mother who tragically took her own life while suffering postnatal depression. She hid her suffering from even her loving family and friends. Together, they created the Gidget Foundation Australia determined that what happened to Gidget would not happen to others.
How to apply for this role
To Apply :
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Referees will be sought upon short list completion.
Please contact Niamh Lynn, Gidget House Program Manager for further enquiries, firstname.lastname@example.org or 0410 645 104.
Please quote in application: Experienced Perinatal Psychologist/Mental Health Social Worker via Pro Bono Australia.