About the role
About the role:
You will join an existing team providing a one of a kind service to Aboriginal families.
Client bases will include children aged from 0 – 17 with particularly complex family situations and the process will involve working through what is a very intensive program from initial assessment, reviewing referral information, engaging all the participants, providing therapy and intervention and identifying areas of risk, all whilst adhering to the Functional Family Therapy Model and applying culturally safe sessions.
Training and support to gain accreditation in the specialist evidence-based model will be provided as well as cultural support from our Aboriginal Unit and our partner organisation.
- Providing home-based interventions adhering to Functional Family Therapy – Child Welfare (FFT – CW) model.
- Create written phase & session plans that are tailored to the family who are Aboriginal.
- Use methods compatible with principles and practices of specified model, provide direct engagement, motivation and generalization.
- Address the needs of clients through model adherent referrals to Aboriginal partners.
- Work with the team to identify and overcome barriers to engagement/motivation.
Who we are looking for:
- Tertiary Qualification in, Human Services, Social Work, Social Sciences, Psychology
- Experience working with children and families in their own home
- Knowledge and experience to work in a culturally safe way
- Experience delivering clinical therapy
- Current driving license (essential)
- Comprehensive understanding of child protection
Who we are:
At OzChild we are on a journey to discover and apply new approaches and best practices to achieve better outcomes for vulnerable Australians through the programs and services we deliver. This is achieved through collaboration. We provide solutions that improve outcomes for our clients. Our approach is strategic and agile as well as being systemic and forward thinking.
As the organisation aims to strengthen our impact through evidence-based programs, the OzChild leadership team has committed to developing, training and evolving our people as enablers to achieving our strategic objective to grow and disrupt the sector
- Permanent contract
- SCHCADS level 6
- Work exclusively with Aboriginal families
- Flexible working hours
- Access and support from our Aboriginal partner organisation
- The opportunity to work directly with families in a therapeutic way
- Salary packaging up to $15,900
- A laptop and phone so you can work on the road
- A unique culture promoting diversity, cultural competence and shared values
- A collaborative and cohesive working culture
- Up to $3000 in relocation assistance available
Candidates are required to undertake a WWCC before commencement
OzChild is committed to the employment of Aboriginal people and providing a work environment in which Aboriginal peoples’ cultures, beliefs and values are acknowledged and respected, and in which the individual career goals and personal aims of Aboriginal staff are identified, promoted and achieved.
OzChild is an equal opportunity employer and encourages individuals of diverse backgrounds to apply. This includes, but is not limited to, those from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse and LGBTIQ communities.
The closing date for all applications is Monday 11th November 2019
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Family Practitioner via Pro Bono Australia.