About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for a social worker to join our Family Services program based at East Burwood. The position is permanent part time, 18 hours per week over 3 work days.
The Family Services program:
- Supports families who are experiencing high levels of stress and difficulties that impact on parenting, family life and children’s well being
- Responds to referrals from Child FIRST
- Provides home based supports through assertive outreach
In a typical day, a Family Services Practitioner might:
- Use a creative approach to arrange a visit with a reluctant new family
- Build rapport to carry out a strengths and risk assessment in the client’s home or child’s school
- Consult with an Family Violence specialist on resources for the needs of a child you are working with
- Finalise case notes and prepare a report for other agencies that you are working with on a complex case
- Celebrate with a client the achievement of a goal
- Discuss a difficult case with your team members in a Reflective Practice meeting
To be successful in your application you will meet the Person Specification in the position description, including having a relevant tertiary degree qualification in a field related to Social Work or Psychology.
Please address the following questions related to the Person Specification in a separate document to be uploaded as part of your application:
- Summarise your knowledge and use of the Child Youth & Family Act 2005 and Best Interest Principles
- Describe a challenging time you had in actively engaging with a family
- Describe examples of how you have assessed risk to families
About the organisation
At Uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
We are proud to have been part of local communities for over 100 years delivering services across Victoria and Tasmania. With a team of 7,000 skilled and committed individuals we provide over 770 programs and services to people of all ages to learn, thrive and enjoy a healthy, happy life. We’re there for children, families, people with disability, older people and those experiencing homelessness, mental illness or drug and alcohol addiction.
Uniting offers employees:
- A comprehensive range of professional development opportunities
- Reflective practice and supportive supervision
- Career options through a wide range of programs and locations
- Family friendly workplace practices
- More take home pay through charity level salary packaging up to $15,900 per annum via Paywise salary packaging
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Family Services Practitioner via Pro Bono Australia.