About the role
About the organisation
Proudly serving Australians since 1928 and voted Australia’s most reputable charity 8 years in a row, the Royal Flying Doctor Service (RFDS) provides emergency aeromedical and primary health services for people in rural and remote Australia. We believe in creating opportunities so all Victorians have the choice to access essential primary health care services.
RFDS Victoria is excited to announce applications are now open for a brand new role within our Primary Health team. Reporting to the Senior Health Service Manager, the role of GP & Allied Health Program Officer has been created to provide administrative support for a range of initiatives currently operating within the Flying Doctors Primary Health team. This part-time (0.6FTE) position is a great opportunity to play an important role in supporting multiple rural health care programs across the state and would be perfect for a student studying a health discipline or parent returning to work.
The GP and Allied Health Program Support Officer will take a detailed, hands-on approach to operational coordination including travel logistics, health practitioner liaison, stakeholder relationship liaison, finance processing and other administrative tasks to ensure effective and timely delivery of a range of primary health care services across Victoria. You will be working with a variety of internal and external stakeholders to ensure smooth delivery of our services, with the possibility for future growth into areas of project and program coordination.
- Strong experience in administration and logistics – you like to have a ‘handle’ on things
- You can ‘whizz’ around a computer and what you don’t know you are quick to learn
- Demonstrated experience working with a range of stakeholders and troubleshooting to ‘make great things happen’
- Your approach to work is providing great customer service and you communicate with ‘confidence and warmth’
- Possess a high degree of personal motivation and integrity
- Experience working in a health related industry is desirable but not essential
- Understanding of Medicare claiming and compliance desirable but not essential
The successful candidate will be joining a supportive and close knit team who are passionate about improving the health and well-being of rural Victorians and supporting the work of the Flying Doctors across the state.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: GP & Allied Health Program Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.