About the role
As a leading Australian voice The Butterfly Foundation represents people living with eating disorders and negative body image and their family and friends. Left unaddressed, the medical, psychological, physical and social consequences can be long term and for many life threatening.
Butterfly advocates for improved services from both government and independent sources whilst raising public awareness in the media and via community debate. The Foundation operates the National Eating Disorders Helpline, a range of innovative clinical treatment and support programs across Australia, and delivers prevention initiatives in schools and the community.
Butterfly has recently committed to the development of Australia’s first residential treatment facility for eating disorders with its joint venture partner endED. The eating disorder sector has also welcomed major Medicare reform to improve access and affordability, available from 1 November 2019.
Benefits & Culture
- Work with influential Board
- Passionate and collaborative executive leadership team
- Generous salary packaging provisions
- Flexible working conditions
Reporting to the CEO and part of the senior leadership team, you will lead the finance and administration functions. You will understand and help to shape big picture strategy and business operations. Specifically you will:
- Act as business partner to the CEO, leadership team and board
- Oversee Finance Manager, Accounts Officer, IT/Facilities and payroll
- Be responsible for budgeting, forecasting, cash flow, management and financial reporting
- Act as Company Secretary for the board and business advisory committee
- Ensure compliance and manage risk in finance and related areas
You have managed the financial performance of organisations providing multiple programs or services. You are a hands on, natural leader who can inspire, motivate and mentor your team while having the ability to plan, prioritise and achieve performance goals. Additional requirements are:
- CPA or CA qualification
- Solid understanding of governance systems and processes
- Demonstrated strategic acumen combined with ability to flex to manage detail
- Presence to represent the organisation externally and to influence internal stakeholders
- Proficient IT skills with understanding of systems improvements/implementation
- Ability to multitask and drive to make a difference in a fast growing organisation
Compliance checking will include Police Clearance and Working with Children (WWCC).
If you are passionate about contributing to improved outcomes for people with eating disorders, please click apply to submit your resume and cover letter responding to the skills required above. Alternatively, please call Lisa Morell on 02 8243 0570 to discuss
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Please quote in application: Head of Finance & Administration via Pro Bono Australia.