About the role
- Develop an annual marketing strategy for online marketing and traditional communication channels.
- Develop annual work program timeline with deadlines for key marketing initiatives such as feature marketing campaigns, social media and newsletters.
- Devise implementation plans for regular and feature marketing campaigns such as appeals and special events.
- Conduct market segmentation research and analysis to ensure a comprehensive understanding of current and potential target markets.
- Manage workflow of team members to ensure adherence to annual work program timeline and deadlines.
- Ensure consistent application of the school’s Branding Guidelines and Writing Style Guide by business and school administration teams, supporters, FSJ charities, third parties and payment platforms.
- Apply editorial policy, including development and revision of key messages, for all marketing communications and provide advice to other departments about its application.
- Develop and write compelling print and digital communications materials including reports, brochures, fact sheets, case studies, newsletter articles, social media posts, videos and podcasts for a wide variety of channels including print, TV, radio and online.
- Oversee the creative development of communications materials, website content, advertisements, and other marketing-related projects.
- Publish and/or distribute communications materials to target audiences via online marketing and traditional communication channels.
- Prepare and monitor department budget and resources.
- Work with business and academic teams in accordance with approved communications and authority protocols.
- Ensure data entered into the CRM database and other data recording systems is accurate and up-to-date.
- Maintain marketing distribution lists, in particular the newsletter list, to ensure data is accurate and up-to-date.
- Maintain awareness of security procedures in regard to storing, recording and transferring data in accordance with St Jude’s privacy and child protection policies.
- Manage team training and development including to:
- Ensure sufficient staff trained to cover roles during absences
- Identify training needs and actively encouraging International and Tanzanian staff to develop their skills and levels of responsibility
- Facilitate problem solving and collaboration within the team
- Conduct weekly team meetings
- Conduct staff appraisals.
In consultation with the C&SD Manager and the Founder:
- Devise and implement feature marketing campaigns and the production of associated collateral.
- Develop and produce communications materials for promotional tours, fundraising and speaking events in Australia and other countries.
- Liaise with the Australian Events Coordinator and FSJ charities to coordinate the production of communications materials.
- Develop, produce and publish annual reports and other governance reports.
- Devise and implement production and distribution plans for annual newsletters (international and local community newsletters) and online communications such as social media and podcasts.
In consultation with the C&SD Manager:
- Maintain St Jude’s and EAF website to ensure currency of content and optimisation and interface with CRM database.
- Develop and maintain marketing and fundraising resources and branded collateral such as presentations, fundraising and speaking kits.
- Provide marketing support to other business and academic departments.
- Attend and contribute to strategy and management team meetings and implement relevant actions.
Monitoring and Review:
- Generate monthly and quarterly management reports including outputs and outcomes (results) in line with department KPIs.
- Monitor budgets and report progress to C&SD Manager.
- Conduct monthly audit of all photography/videography-related equipment in accordance with the IT/photography equipment responsibility agreement.
- Monitor, review and update strategies, plans, processes and procedures as required, and at least annually in October.
- Keep updated with current marketing and fundraising trends that may positively influence marketing practice.
- In collaboration with business office managers and department heads implement agreed improvements and modifications to marketing activities.
- Always look to develop new and innovative ideas to engage supporters and improve supporter engagement, retention and renewal.
- Support the values, vision, mission and strategic goals of The School of St Jude.
- Periodically suggest improvements to the departments’ procedures and submit to supervisor for approval.
- Participate in House Checks as requested by Community Relations team.
- Participate and support fellow staff in school mission related activities such as all School Celebration Days throughout the year.
- Participate in student selection process, in particular working after hours on rest days and public holidays up to 20 Saturdays per annum.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by Manager and Founder.
About the organisation
The School of St Jude is a pioneering leader in charitable education within Africa. We are giving 1,800 students free, high-quality education, 100’s of graduates higher education and 10,000+ Tanzanians quality teaching each year.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Head of Marketing (Arusha, Tanzania) via Pro Bono Australia.