About the role
- Generous staff conditions and leave allowances
- Part time, 12 month fixed term contract (0.8 EFT)
- Salary paid under the SCHADS award (Level 5)
- Based in Footscray
The Asylum Seeker Resource Centre (ASRC) is a leading advocacy organisation for people seeking asylum. We are a value-driven organisation that strives to be part of a movement that helps people seeking asylum by providing direct services such as assistance with accommodation, food provisions, casework and legal services. We campaign and lobby with our sector to drive law reform and policy change.
About The Role
The Housing Supports Program Coordinator sits in a small but effective team who provides information, advice, advocacy, referral, and support to people seeking asylum around issues related to housing / homelessness and other basic needs.
This Coordinator will be responsible for the everyday administration and systems maintenance whilst overseeing a small team of volunteers. Volunteer management includes the delation of tasks, fielding questions and ensuring their experience is a supportive and positive one.
As an efficient and independent administrator and systems facilitator with experience leading small teams and/or volunteers, you will also possess the following skills and attributes:
- Excellent computer literacy, with proven ability to adapt to new systems
- Completed tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline
- Maturity and experience in following systems and processes
- Strong organisational skills, ability to problem solve and manage complex situations
- Proven competence in stakeholder and client relationship management
- Some knowledge of the housing and/or basic needs sector
- Experience in volunteer management, including task supervision and ongoing support
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation and/or project management
Be a part of the change by working with a leading independent non for profit within the Asylum Seeker and Refugee sector. We recognise and appreciate our incredible staff for their contribution, dedication and passion to support and empower those seeking asylum by providing the following conditions above the award:
- Rostered Days off (1 per month full time equivalent)
- Annual Leave Loading (17.5%) & bonus end-of-year leave
- Complementary cooked lunch provided daily
- Free onsite parking
- Salary Packaging (up to $15k tax free)
- Entertainment Packaging (up to $2k tax free)
- 100 metres from Footscray station and buses
Please find the Position Description here to address the Selection Criteria:
Only applications that addresses the Selection Criteria within a Covering Letter, includes a CV and three professional referees will be considered.
Applications close Wednesday 6th November 2019
All offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Check and provision of a valid Working with Children Check prior to commencement SCHADS Award
For further enquiries regarding the role, please contact Veronica Sabo firstname.lastname@example.org or 03 9326 6066.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Please quote in application: Housing Supports Systems Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.