About the role
- Join a friendly supportive team
- Located in Yarraville with travel across Western Melbourne area
- Part time 12 month position parental leave cover
Anglicare Victoria is the auspice for Child FIRST in the Western Melbourne Child and Family Services Alliance which covers the five local government areas of City of Hobsons Bay, Maribyrnong, Melbourne, Moonee Valley and Wyndham. Child FIRST is a community based intake and referral point into support services for children and families, including the Integrated Family Services programs in the catchment.
The Intake worker will receive referrals into the program, undertake initial information gathering and needs assessment, including the assessment of risk, provide information and advice to referrers, undertake written assessments to the allocations meeting and provide short term work with young people and their families when required.
To Be Successful in this Position You Will Need:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology, Early Childhood Specialist and/or related behavioural sciences at degree level with substantial experience; or associate diploma level with substantial experience in the relevant service stream, or less formal qualifications with specialised skills sufficient to perform at this level
- Resilience to work with and support clients who have been exposed to trauma
- Demonstrated ability to conduct comprehensive safety and wellbeing assessments and work within the ‘Best Interests Principles’ outlined within the Children, Youth and Families Act 2005;
- Sound understanding of Integrated Family Services and Child Protection system and ability to liaise and negotiate with DHS Child Protection in relation to addressing protective concerns for children;
- Effective written and verbal communication skills including very good computer skills
Please Note: It is mandatory for the successful applicant to hold a current Working with Children Check and be prepared to undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to commencement.
About the organisation
At Anglicare Victoria our focus is on transforming the futures of children and young people, families and adults. Our work is based on three guiding pillars, Prevent, Protect, Empower. We offer a comprehensive network of services and seek to ensure the provision of high quality services that will bring about significant improvements in the life experience of the young people, children and families/caregivers with whom we work.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Intake Worker Child First via Pro Bono Australia.