About the role
We are seeking a visionary, Sponsor Liaison officer who can deliver high quality communications to sponsors of Community Service Year (CSY) interns and Tertiary scholars participating in the Beyond St Jude’s (BSJ) program.
Do you love writing and have a passion for community development and a strong interest in NGOs? Then apply now.
- Contribute to the development and annual review of the BSJ communications plan, calendar and annual workflow program.
- Update sponsors on the progress of their sponsored CSY intern/s and/or Tertiary scholar/s.
- Record all Sponsor Beyond communications correctly in CiviCRM.
- Participate in visits to interns and scholars to collect information for communications.
- Draft email templates and content for communication with existing and new sponsors of interns and scholars.
- Provide information and templates to the Supporter Relations team for communications to VIP’s of interns and scholars.
- Develop new and innovative ideas to engage sponsors and improve sponsorship retention and renewal cycle.
- Review and update BSJ communications procedures.
- Identify solutions to sponsor issues in consultation with HOD, Beyond St Jude’s, and Head of Sponsor Relations for VIPS’s.
- Effectively record and maintain sponsor, intern and scholar records in an accurate and timely manner.
- Support BSJ’s intern and scholar sponsor allocation strategy; advise on correct allocation of packages and maintain accurate records.
- Effectively work with and communicate across all business and academic teams.
- Periodically suggest improvements to the departments’ procedures and submit to supervisor for approval.
- Participate in House Checks as requested by Community Relations team.
- Participate and support fellow staff in school mission related activities such as all School Celebration Days throughout the year.
- Participate in student selection process, in particular working after hours on rest days and public holidays up to 20 Saturdays per annum.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by Manager and Founding Director.
Skills and Required Experience
- Degree or Masters in relating to the job.
- Able to work independently under general supervision.
- At least one year of work experience in a relevant field.
- Ability to set and meet objectives.
- Ability to set personal schedules to meet team timelines.
- Ability to lead small projects over short-term and longer timeframes.
- Ability to support and mentor other team members in communication.
- Good computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, databases, and Indesign).
About the organisation
The School of St Jude is a pioneering leader in charitable education within Africa. We are giving 1,800 students free, high-quality education, 100’s of graduates higher education and 10,000+ Tanzanians quality teaching each year.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: International Sponsor Liaison Officer (Arusha, Tanzania) via Pro Bono Australia.