About the role
- NFP Salary Packaging options available
- Leading mental health organisation
- Parkville location with onsite parking + close to public transport
- Part-time (0.4/0.6 FTE) fixed term position available until 30 June 2021.
This newly created position will provide strategic and commercially-focused legal, risk and compliance services to ensure that Orygen meets its legal and governance requirements.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the position will work collaboratively with the Orygen Strategic Executive to ensure all operations of the organisation are conducted within the limits prescribed by law and that the organisations rights are protected through the provision of sound legal guidance. This position will also provide timely high quality legal services across a range of matters including, but not limited to: commercialisation; intellectual property; grant and funding agreements; publications; supplier agreements/contracts; international law; privacy; governance; and, compliance and risk.
- A current Australian certificate that entitles you to practice law in Victoria.
- Relevant experience in commercial law, intellectual property law, governance and risk gained either in-house or in private practice.
- Extensive experience in reviewing, drafting and negotiating a wide range of legal documents.
- Ability to partner with the organisation to provide practical, commercially-focused solutions and legal advice.
- Proven experience in effectively managing legal service providers
- Strong problem solving, analytical skills, and strategic thinking with the ability to be flexible and adaptable in the face of changing organisational priorities.
- High degree of personal and professional ethics and integrity.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to distill complex concepts and issues clearly and concisely to a variety of audiences.
- A client focused approach to service delivery and the ability to collaborate with peers to achieve best overall outcomes for the organisation.
- Experience as a legal counsel in a not-for-profit; health or pharmaceutical industry; or medical research institute.
About the organisation
Orygen, The National Centre of Excellence in Youth Mental Health (Orygen) is the world’s leading research and knowledge translation organisation focusing on mental ill-health in young people. For further information please visit https://www.orygen.org.au/About/About-Us
At Orygen, our leadership and staff work to deliver cutting-edge research, policy development, innovative clinical services, and evidence-based training and education to ensure that there is continuous improvement in the treatments and care provided to young people experiencing mental ill-health.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Legal Counsel via Pro Bono Australia.