About the role
Manager – Participation and Engagement
(North Melbourne, Full Time Permanent)
Enjoy the benefits of working with a growing organisation offering career development, flexibility and an attractive annual salary package (including leave loading and superannuation).
VincentCare Victoria is seeking an appropriately-qualified person to take on the position of Participation and Engagement Manager who can provide local leadership and management across a range of service platforms at VincentCare’s Inner Melbourne Community Hub. The role oversees the Ozanam House Engagement Team and Participation Activities.
VincentCare Victoria is an award winning organisation established to provide a range of accommodation and support services to people that are facing disadvantage throughout metropolitan and regional Victoria.
Our aspiration is to be the leader in providing care, hope and advocacy for those facing disadvantage. Our purpose is to create opportunities and lasting change for the most marginalised. VincentCare is well equipped to provide a continuum of services that effectively meet the needs of people experiencing or at risk of homelessness.
Inner Melbourne Community Hub provides a range of accommodation and support services, including crisis accommodation, drug and alcohol case management, and adult outreach.
Working with VincentCare:
A key strategic priority is attracting and retaining skilled and committed employees aligned to our values. VincentCare has over three hundred dedicated, talented and enthusiastic staff working across a range of programs and services and offers a number of benefits including:
- Career Development opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Salary Packaging
- Choice of Superannuation fund
- Family friendly and flexibility
- Study leave
- The Ozanam Scholar Bursary
Diversity and Inclusion
We are committed to the principles of social justice and aim to ensure every individual is treated with dignity and respect regardless of their cultural background, ability, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation or religion.
- A relevant tertiary qualification (For example Bachelor Degree) (required).
- Operational management experience in the homelessness or community services sector
- Extensive experience and / or knowledge of the homelessness service sector
- A comprehensive understanding of government policy, funding and compliance requirements
- Experience and/or understanding of peer support models, volunteer programs and capacity building, particularly for people who present with trauma exposure, chronic homelessness and mental health difficulties.
- A values-based and client focused approach to service delivery informed by a demonstrated commitment to social justice issues
- Knowledge and understanding of trauma informed, strengths based and person centred care
- Highly developed communication and relationship management skills together with the ability to develop and maintain collaborative working relationships with a broad range of stakeholders
- Polished presentation skills, including the ability to represent VincentCare in a range of public arenas
- Analytical, pragmatic and outcomes focused approach to problem solving
- Highly developed report writing skills, including the ability to prepare succinct management reports
- Financial management skills, including the ability to prepare, manage and report on operational budgets, forecast and mitigate potential funding shortfalls
How to apply:
Applicants must submit their CV together with a detailed response to each of the key selection criteria in the position description which is available through the attachment below.
Please submit your application through the ‘apply’ button below.
Phone enquiries may be made to Danny Tilkeridis, Hub Manager Inner Melbourne Community Hub on 0419 523 051
Applications close: Tuesday, 12 November 2019 at 5.00pm
VincentCare welcomes applications from people from diverse cultural & linguistic backgrounds including people who identify as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans, Intersex, Aboriginal and/ or Torres Strait Islander.
All appointments within VincentCare Victoria are subject to satisfactory completion of a police check and character/performance reference checks. Police checks will be undertaken for the selected candidate prior to any job offer being confirmed. Police checks are also undertaken on a periodic basis during the period of employment.
All appointments are subject to disclosure of any relevant employment history of formal disciplinary action for improper or unprofessional conduct taken by current or previous employers or any other integrity body within or outside Australia.
The incumbent for this position must have and maintain a current Victorian Working with Children Check or equivalent.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Please quote in application: Manager - Participation and Engagement via Pro Bono Australia.