About the role
- Be part of our Senior Leadership team
- Join an international-award winning organisation
- Become a game changer
- In this Senior Leadership role you will report to the Chief Operations Officer – Emerging Portfolios and work closely to the Head of Talent and Capability
- Design and implement the disability employment strategy for our Local Area Coordination (LAC) team
- Provide support and expert advice to the greater LAC team around engagement and community capacity building in the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander (ATSI) space, the Cultural and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) space and any other diverse or unconnected peoples LACs may encounter
- Create a Reconciliation Action Plan for the organisation to ensure engagement with ATSI communities is culturally specific and appropriate
- Work closely with the Manager of Capacity Building and Community Engagement and National Coordinator LAC, ILC Projects to ensure integrated local community planning and implementation of a range of innovative awareness, informational, educational and capacity building activities tailored to each region under Feros Care’s LAC service
- Liaise and engage with people with disability and their families, NDIS stakeholder organisations and broader community organisations (especially in the ATSI and CALD space) to create local solutions and meaningful impact in line with our Feros strategic objectives
The boxes you will tick:
- Demonstrated thorough understanding of community development theory and practices
- Demonstrated experience working with ATSI, CALD and other diverse populations
- Prior experience in liaising and working with all levels of government
- Experience in implementing programs to support diverse communities with extensive understanding of inclusion and participation
- Superior written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated experience in strategic report writing
- Demonstrated service program development experience incorporating community capacity building and stakeholder engagement
- Experience and knowledge of the disability sector and the NDIS legislation, frameworks, guidelines and implementation program
- Tertiary qualifications in community development, health, social work, social planning or similar
- Current unrestricted drivers licence
Work Perks (the goodies!):
- Salary packaging (up to $15,899 per annum)
- Free access to health and fitness clubs
- Technology kits including a laptop and smart phone
- Keeping health and wellbeing at the top of mind, take advantage of our Employee Assistance Program
- You’ll be backed by a training and development team committed to your continuous face-to-face and online learning
- Truly fun, flexible and supportive work environment – we walk the talk
- A chance to be recognised and rewarded
- We’re on the good side, supporting people to live vibrant, healthy, independent and connected lives
- Plus, meaningful experiences where you know you are making a positive impact in the local community every day
Variety is the spice of life – everyone is welcome, and everyone matters at Feros Care. We are proud to be an inclusive organisation, embracing all people, regardless of ethnicity, culture, gender, identity, sexual orientation or disability.
Feros Care acknowledges the traditional owners of this land, the Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander People of this Country. We also pay respects to Elders past and present, who strive to build a better and more sustainable future for future generations.
About the organisation
We’re Feros Care. And what we care most about is helping people live bolder lives. Healthier. Better connected. More active. More fulfilling. We call it growing bold and for over 25 years, we’ve been making it real, both for older Australians and those living with disability. Maybe that’s why we’ve picked up slightly more than our fair share of local and international awards, being recognised for how we deliver our services, our use of smart technologies, how we do business, and even our positive attitude to living and ageing well.
What’s more, we know variety is the spice of life. So everyone is welcome and everyone matters at Feros Care. We are proud to be an inclusive organisation, embracing all people, regardless of ethnicity, culture, gender, identity, sexual orientation or disability. At Feros Care we are passionate and team focused, we celebrate and recognise effort but most importantly we live by values that are central to how we work with residents, clients and one another. Feros Care offers a wide range of career opportunities.
Feros Care is constantly growing, creating new roles and looking for talented and energetic new staff members capable of filling exciting career opportunities. Whilst we love having fun at work we take recruitment and selection pretty seriously. We are not only looking for people who can demonstrate that they can meet the requirements of the role but also for people who will live our values! Passion, positive energy and genuine care will not go unnoticed. So if this sounds like you, what are you waiting for? We look forward to getting to know you. And to growing bold together.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: National Diversity and Inclusion Manager via Pro Bono Australia.