About the role
We are looking for a dynamic, experienced Office Manager to ensure the smooth running of the Sydney office at a time of unprecedented growth for the Environmental Defenders Office.
This role is responsible for the daily management of the office, management of the administration staff and contractors, implementing and maintaining administrative processes, and oversight of the office budget and expenditure. The Office Manager will sit on the office Management Team participating in planning and strategic discussions.
If you’re a self-motivated, efficient and highly organised Office Manager with a passion for conservation we encourage you to apply.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Oversee day-to-day operational management of the office, including but not limited to:
- Organisation of staff and office meetings, training, events, calendars, rostering (as required) and communications
- Office correspondence, complaints handling and queries
- Liaising with staff, suppliers and clients
- Conducting induction for new employees
- Assurance of adequate supplies, services, equipment for the office and staff
- Managing or responding to ad hoc or last minute requests, and proactively working with team to provide support or assistance to other areas of the office or organisation as possible.
- Assisting the organisation’s HR function by keeping records up to date, arranging interviews and facilitating performance reviews and supervision.
- Provision or delegation of support to Solicitors and staff, e.g. travel booking, resource purchasing, arranging couriers.
- Liaise with IT Manager and Director of Operations on IT and systems implementation and monitoring, technical support needs, user access and permissions, troubleshooting.
- Manage administration staff and their functions, including supervision of work, performance review, recruitment and task allocation as appropriate to their role.
- Monitor the office budget and expenditure, and work closely with the Director of Operations on monthly financial reporting/reconciliation, budget development and audit preparation.
- Manage office finances, including petty cash, cheques, credit card reconciliation, handling of any donations, invoices or payments that are made directly to the office
- Manage office space, property lease and ensure building maintenance activities are carried out efficiently and effectively
- Manage office timesheets and coordinate with central payroll function.
- Develop or update, implement and review office –based administrative and relevant financial policies and procedures, and ensure compliance with national policies and procedures.
- Develop, implement and review WHS policies and procedures and contribute to a healthy workplace through the identification and management of risks
- Support organisational development, implementation and continuous improvement efforts to maintain NACLC Accreditation.
Essential Selection Criteria
- Minimum of 4+ years’ experience in office management or similar
- Substantive experience managing suppliers, service contracts and tenancy
- Substantive experience in management of office finance or similar
- Substantive experience with managing staff
- A commitment to attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent interpersonal, organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to problem solve and work on own initiative.
- Commitment to EDO’s values and interest in our work protecting Australia’s environment through the law.
Position: The position is full-time (1 FTE) for 12 months with possibility of extension.
Salary: SCHADS (NSW) Level 6 subject to experience.
About the organisation
EDO Ltd (EDO NSW) is a community legal centre specialising in public interest environmental law and policy. Our mission is to help the community protect the environment through the law.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Office Manager via Pro Bono Australia.