About the role
- Be a part of making a difference in the local community
- Work close to home
- Increase take home pay with Salary Packaging
Our client, WASH House, is seeking a qualified and experienced coordinator for this crucial leadership prole in their organisation.
Your new employer…
The Women’s Activities and Self Help (WASH) House is a community based information and resource centre for women that envisages a community in which women exercise equal rights, choose their own destiny and have a safe environment for themselves and their children. They work towards this by providing information and referral, advocacy, capacity building and support services.
The organisation has been established in the area for over 35 years as a support and resource centre for women. Over this time, the WASH House has grown and evolved to run a range of programs including Staying Home Leaving Violence, Counselling, Case Work, Group Work and Information Services. The WASH House is a service run by women, for women.
Leave work each day feeling part of making a difference to the local community! Find out more about WASH via www.washhouse.org.au
Your new job…
This position forms a crucial part of the WASH House leadership team (comprising Executive Officer, Direct Services Coordinator and Operations Coordinator).
The leadership team will work collaboratively and present a united message to the staff regarding strategic objectives and vision for the organisation as well as aim to maintain a positive workplace culture.
This role supports the Executive Officer in the implementation of the strategic plan and outcomes, and provides day-to-day oversight and supervision of WASH House staff including Administration, Finance, Projects as well as the Group work program.
Key result areas will include:
- Planning and Organisational Management
- Community Development, networks and partnerships
- Quality improvement
The role is Permanent Part Time at 28 hours per week but there is flexibility for days & hours to be negotiated. Salary for this role is classified at level 6 in the NSW SCHADS Award (Pay Point to be determined based on experience). The role is based in Mt Druitt but some travel in the Blacktown LGA may be necessary.
What you’ll need to succeed…
The successful applicant will need to be dynamic and have the capacity to adapt to and build new responses in the face of changes in the sector and the funding environment. You will also be a highly motivated person who will possess contemporary management skills including sound skills in leadership, strategic planning, project management, financial management and public relations.
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant field (e.g. social work, community development, public policy, management) or significant relevant experience
- Personal and professional commitment to the WASH House Vision and values and working within a feminist framework
- Demonstrated capacity to develop and nurture partnerships with a range of stakeholders, including community groups, service provider organisations, business and the private sector, and government departments
- Demonstrated management skills and sound experience including the areas of:
- Organisational development and strategic planning
- Policy development and quality assurance
- Financial management
- Human resources leadership and Work, Health & Safety
- Project Management
- Public relations
- Ability to work collaboratively as a key member of the leadership team for the organisation
- Superior time management and workload organisation skills
- Experience in use of evaluation strategies and tools
- Confidence and experience in information management systems, including managing people’s personal information
- Proven problem-solving skills, including the ability to identify issues, risks and opportunities
- Computer skills and demonstrated high level written and verbal communication skills
The WASH House considers being a woman a genuine occupational qualification for this position under s.31 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 (NSW).
What you’ll get in return…
- Salary Packaging – increase your take home pay
- Some above Award conditions
- Opportunities for multi skilling and up-skilling
- High level of diversity in role
- Excellent working environment
If you have a background in Women’s Services or Domestic Violence and a passion for helping making a positive difference in people’s lives then this is the role for you!
About the organisation
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Operations Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.