About the role
The Philanthropy Lead is a senior position responsible for the strategic development, management and implementation of acquisition, engagement and cultivation programs working with Major Individual Donors. This role will work closely with the Head of Strategic Fundraising to ensure coordinated and integrated approaches to donors in order to fund major projects and capital appeals for Beyond Blue.
The Philanthropy Lead will contribute to the implementation of the new Fundraising and Development Strategy 2019-24, and will play an active role in creating a new Development and Philanthropy taskforce with members comprising of Beyond Blue Board Directors and key influencers.
Accountabilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide operational management of the key Philanthropy income streams: Major Donors, Gift in Wills, Trusts and Foundations.
- Buildsuccessful major individual donor relationships thereby ensuring continued and increasing contributions in support of Beyond Blue’s various project/capital needs.
Research, identify, inform, motivate and acquire new major individual donors, including the direct ‘asking’ for financial contributions to projects for Beyond Blue or support appropriately selected and trained volunteers in the gift solicitation process.
- Establish and support a Development and Philanthropy Taskforce to help identify prospects, facilitate introductions and develop relationships with potential individual major donors.
- Identify and document funding needs, and prepare tailored funding proposals for major donors.
- Work with the Head of Strategic Fundraising to develop and deliver the annual group work plan within agreed budgets and timeframes.
- Assess and monitor risks to all team activities on a monthly basis and implement new controls to mitigate risks where required.
The successful candidate will have:
- A tertiary qualification in a related discipline (fundraising, marketing, business development, community engagement, communications).
- A strong knowledge of philanthropy and fundraising and an understanding of the motivations as to why a donor/fundraiser would support a particular cause.
Proven experience working with major donors and securing high value philanthropic gifts.The successful applicant will also have exceptional communication skills, fantastic relationship and stakeholder engagement and a sound business acumen. In addition to this, they will have excellent public speaking/presentation skills with an ability to pitch ideas and engage audiences at all levels.
Benefits and Perks
Reporting to the Head of Strategic Fundraising, you will be a part of a friendly and highly skilled team working within the Marketing, Communications and Fundraising Department. The broader Beyond Blue family promotes a culture of collaboration and respect. Working at Beyond Blue offers flexibility, professional development and the opportunity to be a part of one of the leading mental health organisations in Australia. Benefits include Not-For-Profit salary packaging options, an employee assistance program and wellbeing initiatives. Our office is an easy walk from Glenferrie Station and our Social Squad will ensure that you get to enjoy some fun events in the workplace. Beyond Blue also marks Aboriginal Dates of Significance, such as NAIDOC Week and National Reconciliation Week, as part of our RAP commitments.
About the organisation
Beyond Blue's vision is that all people in Australia achieve their best possible mental health. Our mission is to promote good mental health. We create change to protect everyone's mental health and improve the lives of individuals, families and communities affected by anxiety, depression and suicide.
All employees are expected to act in accordance with Beyond Blue's values, which are Collaboration, Respect, Enthusiasm, Excellence, Innovation and Integrity.
Additionally, in our commitment to reconciliation and creating a culturally safe organisation, Beyond Blue is proudly implementing our Beyond Blue Innovate Reconciliation Plan 2018-2020.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Philanthropy Lead via Pro Bono Australia.