About the role
- High-profile consumer body
- Communications industry
- Supportive work environment
This is a great opportunity for a Policy Officer to join our small, but highly effective, team. Reporting to our highly experienced and widely respected Director of Policy, you will hit the ground running and take carriage of a wide range of communications consumer policy initiatives.
Your interest and knowledge in communications issues, as well as excellent analytical and stakeholder liaison skills, will be the key to your success in this role. Your capacity for strategic issues management will ensure that ACCAN remains dynamic and responsive to emerging issues. You are committed to consumer rights and have a passion for social justice and fair markets.
You should have relevant tertiary qualifications or equivalent experience in a communications policy role.
Essential Skills for position
- An interest in communications policy issues generally , or the capacity to quickly acquire this knowledge in this area
- A commitment to the effective representation of consumers
- Knowledge of public policy and industry self-regulatory processes
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills
- Good analytical and research skills
- An academic background in economics/law/public policy/telecommunications related technology or engineering.
Desired Skills for position
- Knowledge and experience of working in the community sector
- Understanding of the needs of people with disabilities
A salary is negotiable depending on your experience and qualifications. Please contact ACCAN Director of Policy on 9288 4000 for more details. In support of a work/life balance, benefits such as flexible working arrangements may also be negotiated to meet your personal circumstances.
A position description, including selection criteria, can be obtained from our website at www.accan.org.au/jobs
ACCAN is an EEO employer: Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, persons with disabilities and people from culturally, linguistically and religiously diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Closing Date: 18th October 2019
Benefits & Remuneration
About the organisation
The Australian Communications Consumer Action Network, ACCAN, is Australia’s peak body representing the interests of all consumers in communications issues. ACCAN is an important and independent consumer voice promoting the accessibility, quality of service, affordability and availability of communications services for all Australian consumers.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Policy Officer (12 month contract) via Pro Bono Australia.