About the role
- Position: Full time, 12-month position
- Location: Preston
- Salary: $72,397-$78,114 (based on skill and experience)
Working in the Policy team, as part of the Office of the CEO you will be responsible for undertaking in depth research and policy work, including treaty and more broadly Aboriginal affairs in Victoria
The Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency (VACCA) is the largest organization of its kind in Australia. VACCA is an Aboriginal communitycontrolled organization that supports and advocates for the Aboriginal community. Our strength lies with our people. Our team is committed to the organisation’s vision and values; advocates for our children and other vulnerable community members; and shows respect for, observance and compliance with Aboriginal cultural protocols, practice and ceremony. Our Aboriginality is what distinguishes us from mainstream services and what enables us to deliver the positive outcomes we achieve for our people.
We provide a positive, culturally safe workplace environment supported by family friendly and culturally sensitive workforce policies, including professional development, continuing education and staff wellbeing.
To be considered for this role you must demonstrate:
- Commitment to VACCA’s vision and purpose.
- Awareness and appreciation of Aboriginal societies and cultures and an understanding of the issues affecting Aboriginal people in contemporary Australia and the diversity of circumstances of Aboriginal people
- Formal qualifications in social policy would be highly regarded.
- Experience in a policy or research role is highly regarded.
- Strong level of research, analytical and writing skills (examples of work may be requested from shortlisted applicants)
- Strong organisational and coordination skills with experience in delivering projects highly desirable
For more information regarding your exciting future with VACCA, please
contact Bavi Rai on 9287 8835.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Policy Officer via Pro Bono Australia.