About the role
About the Position
Anglicare’s Children & Families have a long history of providing family and children support services, including family intervention, foster and kinship care, counselling, relationship support and much more. Our Family Intervention Service works to preserve families, or to assist in the reunification of a child with their family after a period of out of home care.
This essential service based in Roma, requires an experienced professional to join their team to provide an in-home intensive intervention and support service to families where child protection issues have been identified as a significant concern. Two services are offered within this program – Early Intervention and Reunification.
This is a full time role with travel throughout the region (some overnight).
This role is based in Roma, Western Queensland – NOT Roma St, Brisbane.
As a Case Worker experienced in the child, youth and family sector, you will provide a range of functions requiring the following skills and experience:
- Demonstrated knowledge of the development of children and young people
- Active engagement with parents and children including assessment, planning and delivery of services
- Providing support and practical knowledge to families with at risk children
- Proven background in responding to crisis situations, conflict resolution and problem-solving
- Applied knowledge and understanding of the Child Protection System
- Confident and capable using a practice framework that is child-centric and culturally sensitive
- Ability to complete complex documentation on time and within required guidelines
- Skilled in the use of computers and at an intermediate level with Microsoft Suite
With the ability to relate effectively with a wide range of people, particularly vulnerable children and families, you will also offer:
- Maturity and emotional resilience with the ability to self-care effectively
- A calm, professional approach with the ability to use initiative & sound judgement in decision making including negotiation and influencing skills
- Strong capacity for problem-solving, with the ability to think outside the box to ensure successful solutions
- Excellent communication skills and confidence to relate to a wide range of people, cultures & backgrounds
- Demonstrated organisational and self-management skills with the ability to prioritise your own workload whilst working within a team environment
- A dedicated approach to improving family well-being with both in-home and community-based services
Our successful candidate will require:
- Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Human Services, Behavioural Sciences or similar
- A valid Blue Card (Working with Children)
- Current Licensed Care Service (LCS)
- A current Queensland Driver Licence
What We Offer
Anglicare is committed to building a highly skilled workforce, assisted by a dedicated management team. We support our staff with learning and development initiatives, an employee benefits program and progressive human resources management strategies, and are recognised as a leading employer in the non-profit sector. You will also enjoy:
- Strong management and leadership structure in a rewarding and safe workplace that promotes excellence
- Significant and ongoing training – both internal and external, to encourage career growth and development
- Work/life balance with part time hours within a dedicated and supportive team environment
- The option to increase your take home pay with salary packaging
What happens now?
Send us your current resume and a Cover Letter explaining your interest in being a Practitioner with Anglicare SQ. Once we receive your application, you will be sent a link to complete a short, 15-minute on-line assessment and shortlisting will take place soon after.
About the organisation
How to apply
Please quote in application: Practitioner - Family Intervention via Pro Bono Australia.