About the role
About the Position
Anglicare’s Children & Families have a long history of providing family and children support services, including family intervention, foster and kinship care, counselling, relationship support and much more. Our Foster & Kinship Care Programs provide children and young people, who are not able to live with their own family, the opportunity to live in a safe nurturing family environment.
This essential service based in Roma, is currently looking for a Practitioner – Foster & Kinship Care to join their team The role will focus on identifying, building and maintaining a supported network for foster and kinship carers. The role is also responsible for ensuring carers develop the resilience and necessary skills to provide safe and supportive care to children and young people placed with them. This is a full time position with travel throughout the region (some overnight).
This role is based in Roma, Western Queensland – NOT Roma St, Brisbane.
As an experienced Practitioner, your primary responsibilities in this role will be:
- Building and managing a successful network of Foster & Kinship Carers throughout the region
- Support and assist these carers to develop the necessary skills and resilience to be successful
- Demonstrated experience in assessing complex and extreme needs of children & developing and implementing individual care plans
- Delivery of effective training and facilitation of support groups
- Ability to operate within child-centred frameworks
- Participate in recruitment and onboarding of new carers
- Completion of complex documentation on time and within required guidelines
With highly developed communication skills, you will also have:
- The ability to apply effective and professional decision making skills in crisis situations
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship building capabilities
- Previous experience in consultation and negotiation practices
- Proven ability to work within a small team, in a collaborative manner
- Highly professional attitude, personal presentation and expectations
Qualifications and documentation required:
- Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Social or Behavioural Sciences or similar field
- A valid Blue Card (Working with Children)
- Current Licensed Care Service (LCS)
- A current Queensland Driver Licence
- Certificate IV in Workplace Training and Assessment would be beneficial
What We Offer
Anglicare is committed to building a highly skilled workforce, assisted by a dedicated management team. We support our staff with learning and development initiatives, an employee benefits program and progressive human resources management strategies, and are recognised as a leading employer in the non-profit sector. You will also enjoy:
- Working with a friendly and dedicated team of professionals in a collaborative and supportive environment
- Significant and ongoing learning, to create genuine career growth and development plans
- A workplace where supervision is an enthusiastic part of personal growth
- The ability to increase your take home pay with salary packaging
- A permanent, fixed term role in an established and high performing team
What happens now?
Send us your current resume and a Cover Letter explaining your interest in being a Practitioner with Anglicare SQ. Once we receive your application, you will be sent a link to complete a short, 15-minute on-line assessment and shortlisting will take place soon after.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Please quote in application: Practitioner - Foster & Kinship Care via Pro Bono Australia.