About the role
capture for research and evaluation.
About the organisation
IS THIS YOU?
- Dynamic, motivated and experienced program manager
- Strong collaborator and big picture thinker
- Possess the ability to build and maintain partnerships
- Have experience in youth work/social work/community development
An exciting full-time leadership role exists for a highly-skilled professional to join the Reach team in our Redfern office for a 12-month contract with the possibility of continuing.
Position Description : 2019 Oct - Graphical PD Programs Manager NSW
Being young is not without its struggles. Today’s world is pretty complex and young people can experience a bunch of challenges that adults might not be able to relate to. One of the biggest hurdles is just having the confidence and support to be who they want to be.
There are currently over 4 million young people living in Australia, and Reach works with over 40,000 of them a year. We have over 250 of them working for us; designing and delivering workshops in schools and the community. Our workshops are 100% youth-led, from design through to delivery, and the community we create out of these workshops is one that allows for deeper connection, a sense of belonging, and the dispelling of judgements. A preventative, instead of having to focus on symptoms in adult life.
Generations of confident, self-aware and passionate young people shaping the world.
WHO ARE THE CREW?
The Reach Crew is a group of young people who are committed to creating, designing, and delivering experiences for other young people to learn more about themselves, connect with others and be their best selves. The Reach Crew consists of both volunteers and casual employees.
WHO ARE YOU?
You are and experienced and passionate professional who will manage and coordinate the NSW programs portfolio. You will be responsible for developing school and community partnerships and for managing Reach community and education programs in Sydney and regional areas of NSW. You will also manage Reach’s young crew and facilitators and coordinate their design, delivery and review of education and community programs.
Some of the key selection criteria for this role are (see attached position description for full details):
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Community Development, Youth Work, Social Work, Education or related discipline
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in working with young people; a sound awareness of the experiences that young people face and systems that support them.
- Experience and demonstrated skills in community engagement and stakeholder management
- Experience in leading a small/medium sized team and managing an operational budget
- Demonstrated highly-developed interpersonal, negotiation and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to liaise, negotiate and build relationships with community and other agency representatives.
- Track record in achieving results, both autonomously and a part of a team
- Having the right to live and work in Australia.
Please note: Any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory Working with Children check identifying Reach as your employer prior to starting in the role, including a National Criminal History Check.
Role starting as soon as possible.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Program Manager, NSW via Pro Bono Australia.