About the role
- A pivotal role coordinating the delivery of a range of educational programs
- Make a genuine difference to the lives of some of Australia’s most disadvantaged children and their families
- Bendigo VIC
- Fixed-Term Full-Time Contract (ends November 2020)
The Smith Family is a national, independent children’s charity helping disadvantaged Australians to get the most out of their education, so they can create better futures for themselves. The Programs Coordinator helps manage and deliver one of our most valuable programs – Learning for Life. The role involves planning and implementing The Smith Family suite of Learning for Life programs within the community.
You will need to be able to help facilitate successful delivery of the programs, including supporting the Family Partnership Coordinator with recruitment to the Scholarships program.
A day in the life of a Programs Coordinator might look like this, but really every day will be different:
- Establishing and maintaining Partner School relationships and monitoring progress, planning and implementation, and feedback on programs and activities
- Continually monitor and oversee program delivery and ensure the database has accurate and up to date information
- Advocating for and answering enquiries relating to The Smith Family educational programs
- Collaborating with fellow team members to recruit students into programs and discuss potential improvements that can be made to programs
- Working with community leaders to identify partnership opportunities
It takes a special kind of person to be one of our Programs Coordinators. Successful candidates will bring the following;
- Demonstrated experience in planning and coordinating programs / projects
- Proven experience in establishing and maintaining partnerships with diverse stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience in administration
- High level interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated capability to manage and plan own work to achieve identified goals and meet targets within time constraint
- Holds a current driver’s licence
Living up to our employment promise, our team members tell us that working for The Smith Family they have great job flexibility and the ability to work alongside committed, passionate and professional team members whilst engaging in challenging, fulfilling and diverse work. In turn, our team members believe that they offer commitment to our vision, mission and values and effective collaboration with fellow team members to deliver strong performance outcomes.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
If you are passionate about what you do, committed to make a difference and this sounds like your next role, we’d love to hear from you. Please contact us today by sending your resume and cover letter to Kim.Ho@thesmithfamily.com.au. You may view the position description at Position Description link. For any other information, please contact the Hiring Manager: Kim Ho on 0428 156 596.
Closing date: Friday, 25 October 2019
Due to the nature of this role, the successful candidate must be prepared to undertake a National Police Check and a Working with Children’s Check. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to principles of cultural diversity. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged.
Please quote in application: Programs Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.