About the role
Location: Canberra, ACT
Employment Status: Part-time (20 hours per week), on-going
• Great opportunity to make a difference in the wider community
• Competitive salary, full-time equivalent $77,500, plus Super
• Flexible work arrangements
About the Opportunity
People With Disabilities ACT (PWDACT) is seeking an experienced Project & Policy Officer to join their small passionate team based in Canberra. This is a part-time, ongoing position.
Reporting to the Executive Director, you’ll be responsible for identifying issues impacting on people with a disability, developing solutions and providing policy advice. In collaboration with the team, the position is expected to strengthen PWDACT’s capability in more effectively developing and formulating its project and policy themes, with a particular focus on disability access and equity, to the ACT government and the broader public.
Your responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Ensure programs meet the requirements of funding agreements and contractual deliverables (eg. NDIS readiness project and IDD project).
- Develop and formulate policy initiatives and responses that reflect the strategic direction and advocacy platform of PWDACT.
- Undertake research and analysis to identify emerging issues for research policy, planning and advice purposes.
- Identify and develop partnerships with organisations that will influence PWDACT’s success, including PWDACT member organisations, advisory committees, ACT government and health service providers, including the ACT government and non-government organisations and stakeholders.
- Organise and participate in internal and external working groups, roundtable discussions, meetings, forums, conferences and seminars.
- Contribute to the production of reports, publications, funding submissions, position statements, briefing papers, responses to reports and conference papers.
Please refer to the position description attached to this advertisement for further details of the position responsibilities and the selection criteria.
About the Benefits
This is a unique opportunity to help drive projects and policy within a small community organisation, while enjoying the immense job satisfaction that arises from working in an area that benefits the wider community.
Your hard work and dedication will be rewarded with a competitive salary, full-time equivalent $77,500 PLUS super.
For further information about this position please contact the President, David Luck, ph. 0414 791 880.
PWDACT is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from people with a disability.
About the organisation
People with Disabilities ACT Inc (PWDACT) is the peak advocacy organisation in the ACT for people with disabilities. PWDACT is located in Canberra and staffed by a small professional team. Our advocacy work includes regular consultation with our members to identify current issues and priorities, working with and lobbying the ACT government and its agencies as well as the business and the non-government sectors, and promoting access and equity for all Australians with disabilities.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Projects & Policy Officer via Pro Bono Australia.