About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced social worker to join our Family Services team based at Windsor (Melbourne), with outreach to Frankston. The position is full time, initially maximum term until 30 June 2020, with regular opportunities for extension or transfer across Uniting.
The Family Services program:
- Aims to support families who are experiencing high levels of stress and difficulties that impact on parenting, family life and children’s well being
- Responds to referrals from Child Protection and the community in a brief entry capacity
- Provides home based supports through assertive outreach
In a typical day, a Senior Family Services Practitioner might:
- Use a creative approach to arrange a visit with a reluctant new family
- Build rapport to carry out a strengths and risk assessment in the client’s home or child’s school
- Work with Families using the new 200 hour model
- Consult with an internal Family Violence specialist on resources for the needs of a child you are working with
- Prepare a report for other agencies that you are working with on a complex case
- Discuss a difficult case with your team in a Reflective Practice meeting
To be successful in your application you will meet the person specification in the position description, including having a relevant tertiary qualification in a field related to Social Work or Psychology.
Please address the following Key Selection criteria in a separate document to be uploaded as part of your application:
- Summarise your knowledge and use of the Child Youth & Family Act 2005 and Best Interest Principles
- Describe a challenging time you had in actively engaging with a family
- Provide an example of how you have planned and implemented an intervention related to the development of parenting capacity and/or family functioning
About the organisation
At Uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
We are proud to have been part of local communities for over 100 years delivering services across Victoria and Tasmania. With a team of 7,000 skilled and committed individuals we provide over 770 programs and services to people of all ages to learn, thrive and enjoy a healthy, happy life. We’re there for children, families, people with disability, older people and those experiencing homelessness, mental illness or drug and alcohol addiction.
Uniting offers employees:
- A comprehensive range of professional development opportunities
- Reflective practice and supportive supervision
- Career options through a wide range of programs and locations
- Family friendly workplace practices
- More take home pay through charity level salary packaging up to $15,900 per annum via Paywise salary packaging
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Senior Family Services Practitioner via Pro Bono Australia.