About the role
The Senior Engineer is responsible for design and implementation of technical solutions for the Consulting & IT Services team, ensuring our services are viewed by clients as ‘best in class’; enabling staff and volunteers to work effectively and offering excellent value for money.
- The Consulting & IT services team provides technology services for non-profit clients including:
- Technical advisory and architecture services
- Design and implementation of ICT infrastructure including solutions based in the cloud, local infrastructure and hybrid environments
- Office 365 migrations
- Managed desktop and infrastructure services Clients are supported through managed support contracts, projects and casual (as-required) support activity.
This role reports to the Senior IT consultant and works closely with the other members of the Consulting & IT services teams. The role provides leadership to the IT Services team in regard to technical solutions and is located at the Richmond, Melbourne head office and a driver’s licence is required for this role.
The key objectives of this role are to lead technical design and delivery of services from the IT Services team to Infoxchange clients.
You will be responsible for:
High quality, customer focused project services (50%)
- Lead the design and installation Microsoft technologies, including
- Microsoft Azure technologies o Microsoft Office 365
- Windows Server 2008, 2012, 2016 and Active Directory services
- Microsoft Exchange, SQL and SharePoint
- Provide quality, appropriate technology advice to Infoxchange clients
- Support business development activity in a pre-sales and solution design scenarios
Excellent Support Services (25%)
- Second level support services on key Microsoft technologies
- Support of IT technicians to provide second level support
Provide Leadership and improve services & capability 25%
- Improve Infoxchange processes, procedures and work-practices
- Support the identification and implementation of new Infoxchange services that can benefit the sector
- Develop Infoxchange staff knowledge of key products such as Office 365
- Mentoring of other IT services staff
You will have:
- Extensive knowledge and experience designing, implementing and supporting:
- Microsoft Office 365 cloud based services
- Microsoft Windows Server, and Remote Desktop, Hyper-V and SQL
- Azure and Azure Active Directory
- Microsoft Windows Desktop
- A solid understanding of network services such as VPN, DNS and DHCP configuration, firewall administration and a fundamental understanding of network security best practices and general application / server performance diagnosis
- Expertise managing Juniper and other vendor routers, firewalls and switches
- Experience using MSP management tools such as Kaseya VSA, CSP, & Lighthouse, etc
- A Microsoft Certification (MCP, MCSA, MCSE)
- Experience developing and improving technical migration practices and procedures
- Experience providing leadership to IT staff
- Experience and skills in liaising with clients in a consulting, service delivery or pre-sales environment
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Azure and Skype for Business
- Experience with Microsoft Business Intelligence tools
- Experience with third-party vendor management
We’re passionate about work-life balance so we have flexible work arrangements, additional leave provisions and a fabulous health and wellbeing program (think on-site massages, fresh fruit and yearly flu shots). We also have salary packaging options that could assist in increasing your take-home pay and plenty of learning and development opportunities. Plus, at the end of the day, you can feel good knowing you’re working for an organisation that contributes to a fairer society. Can’t beat that.
About the organisation
Infoxchange is a not-for-profit social enterprise that has delivered technology for social justice for nearly 30 years. With over 130 staff across Australia and New Zealand we tackle the biggest social challenges through the smart and creative use of technology
We work with community, government and corporate partners to solve family violence, homelessness, mental health and issues facing people with disabilities, the elderly, Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander, Maori and Pasifika communities.
Our products and services are used by 8,800 organisations across the community sector. We provide the right tools to improve efficiency and deliver greater impact – from nation-wide case management and service coordination systems to IT services and advice for individual organisations.
Our community programs focus on digital inclusion – using technology to improve the lives of people experiencing disadvantage, driving social inclusion and creating stronger communities. We believe no-one should be left behind in today’s digital world.
In November 2018, Infoxchange joined forces with Connecting Up to create Australia and New Zealand’s leading not-for-profit dedicated to using technology to improve the lives of people experiencing disadvantage and the organisations that support them.
The integration brings together 150 staff members working to support more than 30,000 not-for- profits and over 2 million people in need each year across Australia and New Zealand.
Connecting Up has become a subsidiary of Infoxchange and will continue to trade as TechSoup New Zealand to serve the not-for-profit sector in New Zealand.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Senior Engineer (Network Specialist) via Pro Bono Australia.