About the role
You love helping people.
Now here’s your chance to help those who need it most.
We all know – and some, better than others – that living with a mental illness is tough. But not everybody knows just how far-reaching and all-consuming its effects can be.
You’re an OT. Or a Social Worker. Or a Psychologist. Or perhaps a Mental Health Nurse. You’ve seen first-hand how the ripple effects of mental illness can spread to multiple areas of somebody’s life. And so you know just how important a multi-dimensional approach can be.
Here is a unique opportunity to take your skills and experience to the front lines. You’ll be using the skills that you’ve honed over the course of your career to drastically improve life for people in your community. And you’ll be assisting those in the more underserviced areas: those that need it most.
If you are passionate about making life easier for people, and you’re looking for a challenging, multi-faceted and richly rewarding next step in your career then this is your chance.
cohealth’s Youth Support Services manages programs for young people across the northern, western and inner catchments of metropolitan Melbourne. Our Youth Residential Rehabilitation programs support young people (aged 16-25 who have a diagnosed mental illness) for up to 12 months and are located in Essendon, Reservoir and St. Albans and we’re seeking a Senior Youth Residential Support Worker to join us.
About the role
Our Youth Residential Support staff work closely as a team to provide flexible, intensive recovery-based support to young people who are experiencing mental health challenges. This is achieved by utilising both individual and group opportunities within a Collaborative Recovery Model. Working collaboratively with families, clinical supports and other internal and external service providers to ensure a holistic, best practice approach is maintained.
What you can bring to the role;
- Experience in working with young people within a youth developmental framework;
- Experience in residential service provision in health or community services, particularly mental health;
- A detailed understanding of Community Health and the social model of health principles, mental health service delivery models of care underpinned by the principles of family centred and inclusive practice, trauma informed practice and approach and the collaborative recovery model; and
If you’re looking for an opportunity to work closely with the local community and are committed to providing support and assistance to those in the community that are experiencing challenges, then this is the place for you!
The important bits;
- A lived experience of mental illness and recovery as a consumer, family member or carer will be highly regarded.
- Hours of work will be rostered shifts between 8am and 7pm, penalty rates apply for weekend work. A combination of weekday and weekend work will be required.
- This position is based at our Reservoir site
What’s on offer?
In exchange for your hard work and commitment not only will you enjoy Not for Profit generous salary packaging options, which will significantly increase the value of take-home pay and reduce your taxable income! But you will be joinining a supportive, family flexible and engaging team.
About the organisation
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Senior Youth Residential Support Worker via Pro Bono Australia.