About the role
- Be a part of making a difference in the local community
- Work close to home
- Increase take home pay with Salary Packaging
Our client, WASH House, is seeking a qualified and experienced coordinator for this crucial leadership prole in their organisation.
Your new employer…
The Women’s Activities and Self Help (WASH) House is a community based information and resource centre for women that envisages a community in which women exercise equal rights, choose their own destiny and have a safe environment for themselves and their children. They work towards this by providing information and referral, advocacy, capacity building and support services.
The organisation has been established in the area for over 35 years as a support and resource centre for women. Over this time, the WASH House has grown and evolved to run a range of programs including Staying Home Leaving Violence, Counselling, Case Work, Group Work and Information Services. The WASH House is a service run by women, for women.
Leave work each day feeling part of making a difference to the local community! Find out more about WASH via www.washhouse.org.au
Your new job…
This Coordinator position forms a crucial part of the WASH House leadership team (comprising Executive Officer, Direct Services Coordinator and Operations Coordinator).
The leadership team will work collaboratively and present a united message to the staff regarding strategic objectives and vision for the organisation as well as aim to maintain a positive workplace culture.
This position provides day-to-day oversight and supervision of three key WASH House programs: Staying Home Leaving Violence, Specialist Casework, and Counselling.
Key result areas will include:
- Human Resources Management
- Policy and practice
- Quality improvement
The role is Permanent Part Time at 28 hours per week but there is flexibility for days & hours to be negotiated. Salary for this role is classified at level 6 in the NSW SCHADS Award (Pay Point to be determined based on experience). The role is based in Mt Druitt but some travel in the Blacktown LGA may be necessary.
What you’ll need to succeed…
The successful applicant will be a person with excellent leadership skills, outstanding communication and staff management skills and a solid background and understanding of the accountabilities of child protection, family support, and domestic violence support work. A background in counselling and/or high-level knowledge of counselling practice approaches for women in crisis would also be highly regarded.
- Tertiary qualifications in Social Work/Social Welfare, or health-related field, and/or a good track record in direct service and management in the social welfare/health sectors
- Personal and professional commitment to the WASH House Vision and values and working within a feminist framework
- Demonstrated management skills and sound experience including the areas of:
- Human resources leadership
- Policy development and quality assurance;
- Organisational development and planning;
- Project Management
- Work, health and safety;
- Ability to work collaboratively as a key member of the leadership team for the organisation
- Sound experience in team building & support/supervision of staff
- Solid background and strong understanding of the issues in relation to domestic violence & family support work, parenting skills and social isolation as well as accountabilities of child protection
- Superior time management and workload organisation skills
- Experience in use of evaluation strategies and tools
- Confidence and experience in information management systems, including managing people’s personal information
- Proven problem-solving skills, including the ability to identify issues, risks and opportunities
- Outstanding communication skills and capacity to engage others
- Computer and internet skills
The WASH House considers being a woman a genuine occupational qualification for this position under s.31 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 (NSW).
What you’ll get in return…
- Salary Packaging – increase your take home pay
- Some above Award conditions
- Opportunities for multi skilling and up-skilling
- High level of diversity in role
- Excellent working environment
If you have a background in Women’s Services or Domestic Violence and a passion for helping making a positive difference in people’s lives then this is the role for you!
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Direct Services Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.