About the role
The Evaluation and Research Adviser (The Way Back Support Service) supports the Head of Research and Evaluation and is responsible for supporting Beyond Blue’s research and evaluation activity in suicide prevention. The ideal candidate will coordinate the national evaluation activity of The Way Back Support Service.
Accountabilities include but are not limited to:
- Providing strategic advice and ongoing support to Beyond Blue staff on all aspects of evaluation and research including the commissioning of external evaluation and research providers.
- Supporting a culture of evaluation within the organisation through the provision of advice and support, professional development and other capacity building initiatives as required.
- Contributing to evidence-informed practice within Beyond Blue by sourcing and circulating relevant research articles and contributing to rapid reviews of research literature to assist others in their role.
- Coordination and management of all evaluation activity related to The Way Back Support Service.
- Contributing to knowledge transfer by supporting the internal and external dissemination of research findings to a broad audience through multiple communication mechanisms.
- Maintaining documentation and databases for all Beyond Blue funded research and evaluation activities.
- Provision of advice and support for research activity related to The Way Back Support Service.
The successful candidate will:
Work collaboratively with the suicide prevention team and in consultation with the Head of Research & Evaluation.
- Demonstrated extensive experience in the design, commissioning or conduct of a broad range of formative, process, summative and economic evaluation projects.
- Demonstrated experience in commissioning and working with external evaluation and research providers
- Tertiary qualification in health, behavioural or social sciences (postgraduate qualification desirable)
- Extensive relevant experience in evaluation and/or research in an evaluation, research or non-government organisation
- A Project Management qualification will be highly regarded
The successful applicant will also have excellent communication skills with an ability to communicate with internal and external stakeholders from all backgrounds. High-level writing skills that can be applied to the development of a range of documents and publications is also essential as is demonstrated experience in project management, including budgeting and timetabling.
Benefits and Perks
Reporting to the Head of Research and Evaluation, you will be a part of a friendly and highly skilled team working within the Suicide Prevention Team. The broader Beyond Blue family promotes a culture of collaboration and respect. Working at Beyond Blue offers flexibility, professional development and the opportunity to be a part of one of the leading mental health organisations in Australia. Benefits include Not-For-Profit salary packaging options, an employee assistance program and wellbeing initiatives. Our office is an easy walk from Glenferrie Station and our Social Squad will ensure that you get to enjoy some fun events in the workplace.
About the organisation
Beyond Blue's vision is that all people in Australia achieve their best possible mental health. Our mission is to promote good mental health. We create change to protect everyone's mental health and improve the lives of individuals, families and communities affected by anxiety, depression and suicide.
All employees are expected to act in accordance with Beyond Blue's values, which are Collaboration, Respect, Enthusiasm, Excellence, Innovation and Integrity.
Additionally, in our commitment to reconciliation and creating a culturally safe organisation, Beyond Blue is proudly implementing our Beyond Blue Innovate Reconciliation Plan 2018-2020.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Evaluation & Research Adviser – (TWBSS) via Pro Bono Australia.