About the role
Support Advisors’ at Jewish Care have a wonderful and meaningful role by undertaking in home assessments and coordinate client centred culturally appropriate service plans to enable older people to live safely and independently within their own homes. The role requires someone with well-developed communication and interpersonal skills and have a supportive, patient and respectful approach towards older people and those living with a disability or illness.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Using a designated assessment tool, provide holistic assessment of all clients
- Manage a busy schedule of client assessments and reviews
- Provide specialist input for complex and high level assessments and care coordination
- Establish customer needs based on level of functional capacity, discussion with the client and other stakeholders and analysis of resource availability and constraints
- Demonstrates compassion and empathy when negotiating with customers, including ethno-specific groups and trauma survivors
- Prioritise referrals and assessments, reviews and re-assessments; complete within required timeframes
- Undertake home assessments, reviews and re-assessment to support and promote independence for clients
- Complete a broad assessment of needs, service specific assessment, risk assessment and an occupational health and safety assessment
- Fulfil reporting and compliance requirements within required timeframes
Skills and Experience
- Experience in conducting client assessments in a home based environment
- Demonstrated understanding of the issues faced by older Australians wishing to remain in their homes
- Demonstrated experience in undertaking complex assessments, reviews and reassessments, implementing service and care coordination
- Demonstrate technological competency skills necessary to perform job skills (i.e. Microsoft Office suite and client management systems)
- Highly developed organisational skills
- An ability to work in a fasted paced environment
- Tertiary Qualifications in Human Services, Nursing, Allied Health, Health Management or similar will be highly regarded but not essential
- Ability to speak Russian will be well regarded but not essential
About the organisation
About the company
Jewish Care Victoria, a not-for-profit organisation, is the largest provider of aged and community services for the Jewish Community in Victoria. The organisation supports and enhances the wellbeing of the community by providing excellent support and care for individuals and families through residential aged care, mental health services, disability support, adult and child respite and community aged care services.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Support Advisor via Pro Bono Australia.