About the role
Your new role
Homefront is a program of SHM Women’s Services and is committed to a gender specific response to the needs of women experiencing homelessness and other associated issues. Homefront provides crisis accommodation, support and case management to women who are experiencing homelessness.
As a Support Worker, you are responsible for providing support to the women residing in the crisis accommodation facility. You will primarily staff an after-hours roster that includes, solo evening, sleepover and weekend shifts. You will play a vital role in supporting women to experience a positive stay at Homefront while they work towards securing housing that is safe and sustainable.
This role is part time (87.5 hours per 4-week period, on a rotating roster). If you are interested in casual support work please submit an application with this outlined in your cover letter.
- A typical shift will have you supporting women who access Homefront to attain or maintain a sense of safety, stability and hope
- Your focus will include assisting women with orientation to Homefront but also preparation for moving on
- There will be ongoing opportunities for you to be creative in your work by assessing and responding to the immediate needs of women that access the program
- As your roster covers both sleepover and weekend shifts, you will crossover with the various staff that make up the Homefront team
- Our team environment values your openness to having some fun and a laugh together
We’re looking for a female Support Worker to join our team who is:
- Ready to provide a safe and welcoming environment for women who stay at our crisis accommodation program.
- A team player and prepared to work together to support women achieve the outcomes they desire.
- Prepared to join a small, close knit and supportive team environment.
- Committed to working within a feminist, person-centred, strength’s based and culturally responsive practice framework.
You can look forward to
- Salary packaging expenses like your rent, holiday accommodation and dining out: up to $15,990 pre-tax
- Opportunity to purchase additional leave
- Participating in in-house training and regular supervision.
- Ending your working hours knowing you’ve contributed to something truly worthwhile.
About the organisation
Your future workplace
Every day of the year, Sacred Heart Mission assist hundreds of people who are experiencing homelessness or living in poverty to find shelter, food, care and support. We are in this for the long haul – we are committed to making a sustainable difference in people’s lives. Everyone is welcome at our table.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Support Worker – Homefront (Women’s Crisis Accommodation Program) via Pro Bono Australia.