About the role
About the Position
Anglicare SQ supports all kinds of people who may be impacted by mental health and wellbeing challenges, from new parents, children transitioning through school, people planning retirement and everything in between. We are here to provide the support needed at home or out in the community, for people to live the life they want. We are looking for an experienced Support Worker – Family to join our team based in Toowoomba, delivering a diverse range of supports in a permanent, full time role. Our successful candidate will be flexible, willing to work outside of standard business hours and travel throughout the Southern Queensland region (including Brisbane) as required.
The role will provide therapeutic assistance to individuals, families and groups with social, emotional and financial difficulties to improve positive wellbeing by educating and supporting them and working towards enhancing their community connectedness. The Support Worker – Family will ensure the best interest of the individual client is central at all times and that they are referred through to the most appropriate internal or external service.
Offering experience in the Community, Mental Health, Social Services or Child, Youth and Family sectors, and dedication to client-centered frameworks, our successful candidate will be confident with:
- Therapeutic assistance to children, parents and families who are dealing with social, emotional and financial difficulties
- Offering group work, education and support to improve wellbeing and community connectedness
- Initial assessments, ongoing support and referral to relevant service providers
- Providing information and assistance to families to receive the best supports to suit their individual needs.
- Regular travel throughout the region, which will include in-home sessions along with community and school events. There may be some evening/weekend work required
Your key skills and abilities will include:
- Exceptional communication in both written and verbal format; the ability to interact effectively with a variety of ages, cultures and backgrounds
- Ability to apply sensitivity, cultural awareness and an open-minded approach to personal matters
- Organisation and time management skills are essential in this fast-paced, diverse role. You will be experienced at working to deadlines.
- Experience in managing conflict and stressful situations in a professional and effective manner
- Commitment to human rights and social justice
Specific requirements and qualifications are:
- Certificate IV or Diploma in Child, Youth and Family Intervention, Community Services or similar field
- A current National Police Certificate
- Queensland Driver Licence and your own, reliable vehicle
- Current Blue Card (Working with Children) with Yellow Card exemption
- The flexibility and willingness to travel throughout Southern Queensland as required
What We Offer
Anglicare is committed to building a highly skilled workforce, assisted by a dedicated management team. We support our staff with learning and development initiatives, an employee benefits program and progressive human resources management strategies, and are recognised as a leading employer in the non-profit sector. You will also enjoy:
- A chance to support children and parents, and make a difference within your local community
- The opportunity to work with a group of friendly and dynamic professionals within an innovative space and growing industry
- Ongoing training and career planning, development opportunities and long term employment
- The ability to increase your take home pay with salary packaging options
What happens now?
Send us your current resume and a Cover Letter explaining your interest in being a Support Worker with Anglicare SQ. Once we receive your application, you will be sent a link to complete a short, 15-minute on-line assessment and shortlisting will take place soon after.
About the organisation
How to apply for this role
Please quote in application: Support Worker - Family via Pro Bono Australia.