About the role
- Location: Preston
- Full time
- Salary- $83,000-$87,000 (Plus super and salary packaging)
The Team Leader is responsible for the day to day management of the program and providing support and supervision to staff. The role is pivotal to ensuring compliance with agency registration and out of home care standards. The role must engage with internal and external stakeholders including Child Protection, Housing Services and a range of Aboriginal Organizations in the North.
The Team Leader in conjunction with the Program Manager is responsible for monitoring and ensuring that compliance in relation to carer supervision and annual reviews is achieved.
To be considered for this role you must demonstrate
- An ability to work in a culturally respectful and competent manner with Aboriginal children, their families and communities to ensure that cultural connections are fostered and maintained
- Commitment to VACCA’s vision and purpose.
- Demonstrated experience and ability in the provision of a high standard of case management practice
- A proven ability to advocate on behalf of children and families
- A demonstrated ability to mentor staff
- A demonstrated capacity to work as part of a team as well as providing leadership to a team and capacity to allocate tasks.
- An ability to work effectively with Aboriginal organizations, Government departments and community service organizations.
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills and the
ability to prepare reports
Application Deadline– 27th October, 2019
Application Must include:
- A cover letter outlining why you are applying for this position
- A resume with your skills, experience and qualifications
- Written responses to the key selection criteria
About the organisation
The Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency (VACCA) is the largest organization of its kind in Australia. VACCA is an Aboriginal community-controlled organization that supports and advocates for the Aboriginal community. Our strength lies with our people. Our team is committed to the organisation's vision and values; advocates for our children and other vulnerable community members; and shows respect for, observance and compliance with Aboriginal cultural protocols, practice and ceremony. Our Aboriginality is what distinguishes us from mainstream services and what enables us to deliver the positive outcomes we achieve for our people.
We provide a positive, culturally safe workplace environment supported by family friendly and culturally sensitive workforce policies, including professional development, continuing education
and staff wellbeing.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Team Leader, Foster Care via Pro Bono Australia.