About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for a Team Leader to join our Harrison Homelessness Services team. The role is permanent full time, based at Mount Waverley.
The Homelessness Support Program provides intake, assessment, planning and follow up outreach support to families and individuals who are homeless, at risk of being homeless or are living in unregistered and unsafe rooming houses. The program supports clients to access and maintain short, medium and long term housing options.
Responsibilities of the Team Leader include but are not limited to:
- Providing leadership, support and direction for a team of up to 10 Transitional Support Workers and students
- Ensuring high quality service delivery standards are maintained with a client orientated focus
- Assisting in the development and implementation of new program initiatives, policies and procedures
- Training and monitoring staff in correct utilisation of the SHIP client case management system
To be successful in your application you will meet the person specification in the position description, including having a relevant tertiary qualification in a field related to Social Work, Welfare or Housing.
Please address the following questions related to the person specification in a separate document to be uploaded as part of your application:
- Summarise briefly your experiences related to homelessness services and / or team leadership
- Provide an example of how you have dealt with an individual or team performance issue, and what you learnt from this as a leader
- Describe a key challenge in leading a Homelessness Services team, and provide examples of strategies for managing these
About the organisation
At Uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
We are proud to have been part of local communities for over 100 years delivering services across Victoria and Tasmania. With a team of 7,000 skilled and committed individuals we provide over 770 programs and services to people of all ages to learn, thrive and enjoy a healthy, happy life. We’re there for children, families, people with disability, older people and those experiencing homelessness, mental illness or drug and alcohol addiction.
Uniting offers employees:
- A comprehensive range of professional development opportunities
- Reflective practice and supportive supervision
- Career options through a wide range of programs and locations
- Family friendly workplace practices
- More take home pay through charity level salary packaging up to $15,900 per annum via Paywise salary packaging
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Team Leader - Homelessness Services via Pro Bono Australia.