About the role
The role presents a unique and exciting opportunity to establish and lead a pilot project to examine how Justice Connect can follow the lead of our health partners and utilise telehealth facilities to increase access to legal help for people experiencing or at risk of elder abuse. The pilot will commence with SVHN, and will potentially expand to include WMH and other health services as the project scope is established and refined. It will involve wide engagement with service recipients, health practitioners across NSW, and other stakeholders in designing and implementing a new model of service delivery.
Establish and oversee a pilot project to scope and test the use of telehealth facilities to deliver legal help to older people who are experiencing or at risk of abuse. This pilot will look at the use of telehealth to improve access to legal services for older people who live in regional or remote NSW, or who otherwise experience accessibility barriers in engaging with legal and health services.
- Work with the reference committee for the project
- Together with the Manager of Seniors Law NSW, design, develop and deliver project scope and plan to establish and test the use of telehealth facilities to deliver legal help to people experiencing or at risk of elder abuse
- Scope locations and health services in regional NSW to join the pilot, and assist in formalising partnerships for the delivery of the pilot in at least two local health districts
- With other members of the Seniors Law NSW team, design and deliver education to health practitioners at partnering health services in pilot locations
- Test whether telehealth can:
– be used effectively to deliver legal services to people experiencing or at risk of elder abuse
-increase reach and impact of an elder abuse legal service
-help to prevent as well as deal with the legal and financial issues arising out of elder abuse
- Collect data and prepare an evaluation report for the pilot
- Consider the use of other innovative models to deliver legal help to people at risk of or experiencing elder abuse, including outreach models
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with key stakeholders in pilot locations, in particular, health professionals, pro bono lawyers, evaluators, other community services, networks and funders.
- Actively participate in promotion activities, including by representing Justice Connect in a range of public forums, delivering presentations and contributing to internal and external publications.
- Perform other duties as directed and necessary to the proper performance of the role.
About the organisation
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join one of Australia’s most successful public interest and social justice organisations. Justice Connect is a not-for-profit organisation with a vision of a fair and strong community in which people have a fair chance at a better life, the community sector is strong and vibrant and the legal/justice and non-legal social systems are fairer and better.
At Justice Connect, we believe everyone deserves a fair chance at a better life. That’s why we use the law to help people and community groups left behind by an unfair and complicated legal system. Whether it’s a single mother facing homelessness, a local community group struggling with overwhelming regulation or an older person dealing with family violence, real-life problems so often have legal solutions. That’s why we connect people with legal help. We use the power of the law to open up the legal system for those locked out of it, and to change the system where it is broken.
How to apply for this role
Please view the attached recruitment pack for further information regarding role responsibility, selection criteria and application process.
- Applications should be address to Yvonne Lipianin, Manager and Principal Lawyer, Seniors Law NSW and should comprise a cover letter, your resume and a succinct statement outlining your suitability for the role with reference to the selection criteria.
- Applications should be emailed to email@example.com as a single word or PDF file including "Telehealth Project Lead, Seniors Law NSW via Pro Bono Australia" in the email subject line.
- Applications close at 9am on Monday 21 October 2019
Interviews for the position will most likely be held the week commencing Monday 28 October 2019.
Please quote in application: Telehealth Project Lead, Seniors Law NSW via Pro Bono Australia.