About the role
The Inner East TRAK Forward partnership combines the skills, expertise and diverse knowledge across the different services as part of an integrated support service that includes:
- Team of key therapeutic recovery practitioners
- Therapeutic and safety focused recovery plans
- Evidence based individual, Family and group therapy
- 1:1 coaching (in home or in community settings)
- Ongoing peer support.
- Focus on supporting women and children to build recovery and resilience
- Situated within a broad range of generalist and specialist family support programs which work alongside the TRAK Forward program
The Therapeutic Key Worker position will:
- Provide ongoing individual and family risk and safety assessments, therapeutic case planning, management and review, warm referrals to appropriate local services and relevant interventions for women and children.
- Provide specialist therapeutic interventions using trauma informed counselling in one or more of the following support areas:
- Family Therapy, Play Therapy and/or Child-Parent Therapy
- In home (or outreached) support coaching
- Group Facilitation
- Ongoing Peer Support group facilitation
- Assess risk particularly in relation to systemic abuse and family violence and assist parents/ carers and children to develop safety plans
- Participate in intake and duty roster systems, ensuring families and service providers receive a professional, timely and supportive response to service entry
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Family Therapy, Social Work, Psychology, Counselling or related discipline.
- Demonstrated experience in the provision of a range of trauma informed approaches including the ability to work flexibly to meet the family’s needs and work on an outreach basis.
- Clear understanding of the feminist framework and how male privilege impacts on our current social structures
- Demonstrated experience in working in a strengths based framework that empowers families, maximises their choices and recognises their contributions and expertise.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in working within the family violence, the Child Protection system and/or the child, youth and family welfare system, including effective risk assessment and safety planning.
- Demonstrated experience in working effectively with a broad range of families, including but not limited to Aboriginal families, families from various culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, families living with a disability, kinship carers and grandparents, and LGBTI families
- Demonstrated experience of working with individuals and families with complex needs such as family violence, drug and alcohol and mental health issues
- exceptional level of ethical standards and well-developed interpersonal communication skills
- Previous experience working in a family violence services system would be highly regarded.
About the organisation
LifeWorks is a dynamic, values based not-for-profit organisation specialising in human relationships and interpersonal communication. We are passionate, dedicated and committed to making a difference, by providing high quality relationship counselling, dispute resolution and relationship education services to individuals, couples and families. LifeWorks also provide Employee Assistance Programs, training and consulting to workplaces.
The TRAK Forward Program is part of a collaborative partnership between Anglicare Victoria, Drummond Street, LifeWorks and Eastern Access Community Health. TRAK Forward Therapeutic Key Workers support the therapeutic recovery of parent / carer and children survivors of family violence, using a trauma informed approach focused on safety, empowerment and connection.
This position will be employed by LifeWorks and be embedded as part of the Inner East TRAK Forward team in Anglicare’s Box Hill office. The LifeWorks practitioner will also spend some time at the LifeWorks site (CBD).
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Therapeutic Key Worker - Family Violence Team via Pro Bono Australia.