About the role
Pro Bono Australia is one of a new breed of successful companies working for social good. We are a tight knit group of people passionate about the world, where it’s heading and activating change for the better, and we value diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are looking for a like-minded nerdy-smart, detail focused and open person with strong experience in Accounts and Administration and, ideally, finance.
You’d be a central part of a small team of 12, joining a company with a successful, award winning track record of 20 years.
This is a temporary part-time position of up to 25 hours/week, commencing from end of January 2020, with the possibility to be extended to permanent in March 2020. The number of hours may increase with business growth.
- Support the Not for Profit sector
- Work for one of Australia’s first social businesses
- Flexible hours spread over 5 days (business hours only)
- Convenient CBD location
- Collaborative team and a great work environment
Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will be responsible for assisting with the day to day financial and administrative functions of the business, to ensure uniformity of processes, practices and data integrity.
The role will include but is not limited to:
- Processing Accounts Payable/Receivable transactions
- Data entry and database updates
- High Volume Reconciliations
- Accounts Receivable follow up and managing customer queries
- Uploading job advertisements to our Jobs Board
- Customer service enquiries
- Creation of email bulletins
- Twitter and LinkedIn Social postings
- Other ad hoc administrative and finance duties, as required
To succeed in this role, a background in a varied Accounts/Administration role is essential.
You will also need:
- TAFE qualification or above
- Strong MS Excel skills
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
- A friendly and adaptable personality
- Ability to work independently and also be a strong team player
The successful applicant needs to be self-motivated, display a friendly demeanour complemented by a professional phone etiquette. They will be required to have good time management, organisational skills and attention to detail. Knowledge of XERO and Salesforce CRM is desirable but training will be provided.
The hours are flexible and will be split over weekdays but ability to work during business hours is essential. This is a temporary part-time position of approx 25 hours/week, with the possibility to be extended to permanent in March 2020. The number of hours may increase with business growth.
We offer an easy going team-based environment in a great location with plenty of public transport options. Apply today to secure this great role!
About the organisation
Pro Bono Australia is one of a new breed of successful companies working for social good. We are a tight knit group of people passionate about the world, where it’s heading and activating change for the better.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Accounts/Administration Assistant via Pro Bono Australia.