About the role
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
UNSW is currently implementing a ten-year strategy to 2025 and our ambition for the next decade is nothing less than to establish UNSW as Australia’s global university. We aspire to this in the belief that a great university, which is a global leader in discovery, innovation, impact, education and thought leadership, can make an enormous difference to the lives of people in Australia and around the world.
UNSW Business School is a leader in business education and research in the Asian region and one of the largest Business Schools in Australia with more than 16,500 students, 500 academic and professional staff and more than 80,000 alumni and partners. The Business School offers a full suite of business degree programs at undergraduate, postgraduate, coursework and research levels, including the AGSM MBA programs and a range of Executive Programs.
About The Centre for Social Impact (CSI)
The Centre for Social Impact (CSI) is a national research and education centre dedicated to catalysing social change for a better world. CSI is built on the foundation of three of Australia’s leading universities: UNSW Sydney, The University of Western Australia, and Swinburne University of Technology.
Our research develops and brings together knowledge to understand current social challenges and opportunities; our postgraduate and undergraduate education develops social impact leaders; and we aim to catalyse change by drawing on these foundations and translating knowledge, creating leaders, developing usable resources, and reaching across traditional divides to facilitate collaborations.
CSI National and CSI UNSW is located on the UNSW Sydney campus (Kensington) within the UNSW Business School where the centre is aligned with the strategic priorities of the University and from where it leads interactions with students, alumni, industry, government, professional bodies, and the community.
About the role
- $155,785 – $171,120 + 17% Super
- 3 year fixed-term contract
- Full-time (35 hours per week)
A Level D Academic (Associate Professor) is expected to make high-level contributions to research and grant funding, and a significant contribution to the centre’s reputation for research leadership in social impact by establishing a strong, thriving, high quality research environment in the area of evaluation. The Associate Professor is expected to make a full contribution to the administration and management of the Centre, and contribute to the Centre’s engagement with multiple stakeholders across diverse sectors in the wider business and professional community and across the other CSI University nodes.
The role of Associate Professor reports to the Research Director CSI UNSW, and has no direct reports. Other key relationships include academic and professional research staff at CSI UNSW and partner universities UWA and Swinburne.
Specific responsibilities for this role include:
- Developing and conducting a highly active and high quality research program in any discipline relevant to the Centre for Social Impact.
- Playing a significant role in the leadership of research and evaluation projects, including, where appropriate, leadership of a research team and mentoring and collaborating with junior staff.
- In collaboration with the Research Director, make a significant contribution to the research outcomes measurement and operating budget including income generation.
- Supporting the Research Director to operationalise CSI’s strategy in the context of research and outcome measurement and help meet CSI UNSW’s KPIs.
- Playing an academic oversight role on the Amplify Social Impact Project, ensuring academic rigor underpins all products and engagements and that rigor meets usability.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will:
- Hold a doctoral qualification in a discipline relevant to CSI (e.g. social sciences, economics, business, health sciences, humanities etc.)
- Demonstrated expertise and significant experience in evaluation and/or outcomes measurement, including industry funded projects.
- Outstanding research program, as evidenced by high impact publications in top journals, knowledge transfer and HDR supervision.
- A strong track record of attracting significant funding from a diversity of sources (grant funding, industry funding).
- Extensive experience and expertise in project management including management of budgets and financial information, measure and report outcomes and ability to work to agreed timelines.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills with supervision experience and the ability to supervise and mentor staff and students from diverse backgrounds.
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online – applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Talent Acquisition Consultant
02 9385 0962
Applications close: 11:30pm, 5th January 2020
UNSW aspires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds. UNSW aims to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff, and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or identity. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria to apply.
About the organisation
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Associate Professor – Centre for Social Impact via Pro Bono Australia.