About the role
Your new role
Merri Health are seeking to appoint a specialist Director with finance/accounting expertise to our Board. We area company limited by guarantee governed by a Board of Directors with a mix of 6 community member elected and 4 appointed directors with specialist expertise. You will be responsible for:
- Managing the business of the Company and exercising all the powers of the Company that are not, by the Corporations Act or by the Merri Constitution required to be exercised by the Company in General Meeting
- By powers of attorney, appointing any person or persons to be the attorney or attorneys of the Company for the purposes and with the powers, authorities and discretions vested in or exercisable by the Directors for the period and subject to the conditions they think fit
- Delegating any of their powers, other than powers required by law, to be dealt with by Directors as a Board, to a Committee or Committees
What you’ll need to succeed
To be successful with Merri you will go above and beyond to achieve great results for our clients, the organisation and yourself. We’re looking for individuals with:
- An understanding of, and commitment to, the vision and values of Merri
- Skills and ability to actively contribute to our strategic direction
- Ability to contribute to the growth and viability of Merri
- Highly developed communication skills and the ability to work with a range of stakeholders
About the organisation
Your new organisation
At Merri Health, we strive to enrich diverse communities through the provision of quality health care and support services. A career at Merri will see you contributing to a culture that affects change for our clients and the wider community. We are committed to supporting the talent and skills of our employees because we know their capability is the key to our success.
What we offer
This is a voluntary role where incumbents are reimbursed with a sitting fee to cover expenses in accordance with the Constitution.
We offer a diverse, inclusive and flexible environment which encourages you to bring your whole self to work. As the successful applicant you’ll be joining an organisation where you will be supported to grow, learn and develop your skills to reach your potential.
How to apply for this role
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Board Director - Finance/Accounting Expertise via Pro Bono Australia.